eBay / suspension

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

So they decided to kick me off ebay for good. Get this, after doing some online research- that 30 day suspension is actually a complete ban. Yet they don't say it. Oh, and it says to resolve outstanding complaints before you "try again" if you want to get back on, but as said already, it doesn't mean what it says since they don't respond to emails on how you go about "resolving" those complaints. Which by the way, there are no more complaints to resolve -- this is a result of a few negative feedbacks -- even though my total positive feedback is 2000+ and my percentage is 99% with DSR ratings all nearly an exact 5/5. After 5 years of service this is how they treat you. In the past, they've scammed me by letting the buyer win a dispute (paypal) -- who then stole the item AND got his money back. Paypal is owned by Ebay-- keep that in mind. Also, they screwed me over a third time on all this - as they now have -$35 balance they OWE me. Does it look like I'll get those back? ... I bet it if it was the other way around, I'd have collections agencies after me by now. Indeed I will look into how to get that money returned since they leave me no option. This complaint is not intended to revert buyers away from ebay, but to prepare you to NOT to try getting back on when they shove you off. Literally, they don't care about you. At least not until they start heading in the downward slope. Until then, there is Amazon for me. Cheers

Comments

• Ba
      7th of Aug, 2009

I signed up to ebay about a month ago, and was subject to and experienced the Ebay/Paypal Monopoly first hand. I did not want to use Paypal to accept payments as I already have my own merchant account with First Data and they are half the price of Paypal. When listing my first item, I scrolled to the part where it asked how I would like to be paid. I un-checked Paypal, and checked credit card. On the next screen it said that in order to accept credit cards I had to fax a copy of my merchant account invoice to them to prove to them that I can support this method of payment. I faxed them the necessary documents, and the games began. 2 days went by and no message from them about what was going on. Then I called them and was asked why I did not want to use paypal, and that it is the preferred payment of ebay. I explained to them my situation, and they said they would look into the situation, and they would get back to my via email. I waited another 2 days, and nothing. I called them again, and they brought me to the listing page, and they walked me through and told me to click Paypal for payments accepted, and I told them I did not want to accept Paypal, and they were dumbfounded and did not know what to do. They knew nothing about how to integrate my merchant account. They told me I have to wait for T&S to contact me. The next morning I called them again, and was once again told to just use Paypal and recieved a pitch on how they were safe and secure. I asked to speak to a manager, and they told me the manager was not available. I then called again and they finally got to the bottom of things. I listed a couple of items, and after the first one ended, the buyer told me there was no way for him to pay. I called ebay again and they told me there was a "Pay Now" button in the email that was automatically sent to them after the auction ended. The buyer told me there was nothing there. I got this same response from every winning bidder that day. I called ebay and they once again told me that I should accept Paypal for payments until they get the situation fixed. I told them I would not pay for the listing fees so far and they told me I have to pay them, and that it is like listing an ad in the paper and the listing fees are non-refundable. The next day they told me that they fixed the problem, and then I listed a couple items, and everything seemed to be good, until the first auction was down to the last minute. The account was blocked by Paypal, and I was informed that they needed more information on my Paypal account in order for the account suspension to be lifted. I called ebay and they told me the block was from Paypal. I called Paypal and they asked for my SS# and receipts for the items I was selling. I told them I never opened a Paypal account, and they told me regardless, they would still need the information in order to lift the suspension, and until then, the account would remain blocked. I called Ebay and they told me there was in fact a Paypal account linked to my ebay account and that there was nothing they could do. Now, I NEVER opened a Paypal account nor did I link it to my ebay account. To me, this is yet another shady desperate attempt by Ebay to force new members that do not know any better to use Paypal to accept Paypal so they can make money from every angle. When I call them and tell them this whole scenario, they ask me if there is anything they can help me with, otherwise the phone call will be disconnected. They no longer respond to my email regarding this and they told me that if I keep contacting them through ebay live chat that they would bring up charges for Harassment. What a way to run a company. I also notice that when you post ANY negative comments about ebay that are valid in the ebay forums, the comments are removed and you are banned from posting in their forums. They are trying to cover up anything negative about their company, but truth be told..., check out Ebay and Paypal on the Better Business Bureau and see all the complaints they have since January. There are well over 10, 000 of them. Ebay soon will be a thing of the past and they will continue to lose thousands of members a week to Amazon, just like me.

• Sc
      12th of Feb, 2011

I was suddenly suspended on eBay because they said that my seller standards were not up to their par. This was something new that they implemented about a year ago. I believe that this is their way if getting rid of their small sellers because the IRS is now involved.

Ebay has no regard for the sellers and I think that it is ridiculous that the buyers can leave negative feedback but the sellers cannot. Some of the buyers are very anal and do not read descriptions before bidding on items. Some buyers also expect something major for very low cost. When they get what they paid for, they ccomplain.
    I truly hate eBay and I'm so happy that they have some competition. Eventually I hope that eBay goes out of business!

• Th
      26th of Jun, 2011

eBay is totally an all around scam these days. They are totally out for the buyers & will not back their sellers. If it wasn't for the sellers there wouldn't be an eBay. I think they have forgot that. First off I am fed up with deadbeats that want something for nothing & eBay will side with them every time. Secondly back in Feb. my account was hijacked & the person who did this deleted all my listings in my store. eBay promised to credit my account the $60 dollars so I could relist it. I went ahead & listed the items before the credit & now they won't give me my credit. I have called numerous times, like 3 or 4 times & promised a credit every time but they say it takes 24 hours for it to show so by the time I hang up of course I never see it. Finally I was tired of all the lying & decided not to pay the amount that I was owed & they suspended my account for non-payment. Non-payment of what I was owed is pretty bad for suspension. Well this has shown me h0w big a scam eBay really is & now I have quit selling on eBay. Beware to all those who are thinking of selling on eBay...you better find you a different site to sell your merchandise unless you are willing to give it away to deadbeats & the eBay company. Not only your goods but your money too!