EasyJet / horrendous customer service!

United Kingdom Review updated:

After our family flight to Liverpool was canceled at Faro airport on 4 November last year, after our Algarve holiday, we had to wait 2.5 hours to be seen by their "customer services", and were then told to make our own way to Lisbon by coach for an "alternative" flight from Lisbon (four to five hours away) the next day. We were promised that our extra expenses would be refunded. I sent receipts by registered post and EasyJet lost them. I was then told to send in another claim and I explained to them that I didn't have receipts and couldn't get copies for most of them as they had lost them. To cut a very long story short, I am now suing them through the small claims court after they refused to refund us our expenses and said that even if they received receipts they wouldn't pay us up to the level we were promised at Faro. I'm going to court after their chief executive Andrew Harrison failed to respond to two very polite letters I sent to him on the matter. How can an airline be allowed to tell a family with two young children - one still in nappies - to make their own way to a bus station for a five hour coach journey, and also find their own hotel with a family room at the drop of a hat for an overnight stay, just for the privilege of flying back home 24-hours late...

Comments

Ch
  15th of Jul, 2008
Hi,
I am complaining about Easyjet after when booking a single flight from Ibiza to Gatwick Easyjet charged me twice. This happened back the beginning of June and after numerous phone calls they still havent put the money back in to my account, they are telling me they have and have been quite rude about it. I contacted my bank (Natwest) Who have advised me the money hasnt been paid in to my account and tell Easyjet you'll give them 5 days to repay it otherwise i should contact Trading Standards. I called Easyjet and spoke to someone who told me not to be abusive and so rude. Blooming cheek of it when they're holding my money and wont give it back. Help!!!
Lu
  5th of Sep, 2008
Dear Complaints Board

My name is Luke Ingles. My wife and I flew on Easy Jet flight 8663 from Gatwick to Alicante yesterday the 4th of September. This was the worst flight in the history of our lives! We have flown all over the world and could not believe what we experienced.

There was a group of men sitting in many seats toward the back. They were scattered in seating. They were very obnoxious, loud, crude, drunk, foul, and intimidating. They did whatever they wanted despite all the passengers around them and no body did anything about it. They drank sooo much liquor. Easyjet crew gave them whatever they wanted.

The man sitting next to me started throwing peanuts rows back at his friends hitting other customers. Since everyone was intimidated by this group, no one did anything. I finally had enough because your crew did nothing. So I said something to him which made it worst. He started taunting me. My wife was very shook up and I became soooooo angry that I was boiling hot. What we were upset about the most was that the Easyjet crew did nothing! They must have been intimidated. And they just kept on serving them drinks after drinks which made it worse.
We felt so sorry for all the older folks in between them.

Doesn´t Easy Jet crew get any training on how to take control of such situations. It ruined every ones flight that was sitting around them. We feel like never flying with Easyjet again because they can´t control their passengers!!! I am not talking about a little disturbance here. The situation yesterday was very very tense!!!

One of the men who were apart of this group approached my wife and I when we landed and apologized for his friends and thought that perhaps the police would be waiting for them in the airport. He said that he was very embarrassed.

There should have been some consequences for their extreme behavior. The crew did nothing! Why would we want to fly again with Easyjet to be at risk of the same situation because the staff is to passive to confront such individuals?
We are very upset!!!