Easy Saver / Ripoff

1 Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

This charge appeared w/o explanation and unauthorized, initially for $1.95 in Feb. 2008. It then appeared @ $14.95 monthly until I noticed it this month. I notified Visa and am filing a dispute, having another card issued. Other blogs indicate a connection with ProFlowers.com and that appears to be correct. I am also contacting them and ceasing service.

Thanks for the info, it has been helpful.

Ke

Comments

• Ri
      14th of Nov, 2008

POS DEBIT EASY SAVER 800-444-9800 PA $14.95
    they are a bunch of ripp off i am getting my money back or placing charges... all i did was order flowers from proflowers.com and been charge by this ripp off company since than

30th of Nov, 2008

oh yes they are a bunch of scam artists. Mine was with CherryMoonFarms.com, which also sell flowers. They just may be a name change from proflowers. Do no business with either company as they promote 'easy saver'. I have called the credit card company and issued the new card, got a charge back ect.
    I did little research showed that cherrymoonfarms is located in my area (vista, California) so I can sue them in small claims, hopefully then some class action lawyers can get ahold of the case and sue easy saver, proflowers, cherrymoon and all associcated business. KEEP YOUR RECORDS.

1st of Dec, 2008

they did it to me to and when I asked for their legal mailing address then then gave me all my money back and still did not want to give me the address.

• Li
      13th of Dec, 2008

This happened to me as well. I received a coupon from PROFLOWERS. When I used it it said I had to click to activate the coupon. I did NOT enter my personal info in this popup window, but still got "snagged" by "easy saver". I called ProFlowers and the customer service rep was VERY nervous and said that they were not affiliated with ProFlowers, then they were affiliated with ProFlowers, then the were not but were a side business of ProFlowers... it was stupid. I no longer trust this company.

This is the number I was given to contact Easy Saver:
    1-800-355-1837
    but the automated message had NO company name. It simply said "We are not open right now. We value your call. Please call back during normal business hours M-F 8am-5:30pm." I have seen several different phone numbers for this company. It seems like they keep changing it. It had better work on Monday.

Visit BBB.org to file complaints online.

This is the company's info:
    Company Name: Proflowers.com

E-mail address: tbenelli@proflowers.com

Industry: Internet-based flower company

• Ev
      6th of Jan, 2009

I also have been scammed by ProFlower and there affliation with Easy Saver. But using the 800-355-1837 number I was able to cancel there so-called service and will only be stuck with the 1.95 charge, hopefully. I will be watching my card close!

• Al
      17th of Jan, 2009

All i know is that i ordered flowers sometime ago and to my utter amazement when i saw my
    December Credit Card statement i was appalled to see a charge of $14.95. I demand that this charge be reversed
    failing which i would have no recourse but to take this matter to higher authorities. Kindly refund the amount of
    $14.95 to me please as soon as possible

• Le
      22nd of Jan, 2009

My name is Lee-Ann Tustin. I never ordered this & am being billed please cancel my ordered

• Fr
      5th of Feb, 2009

I got snagged on my checkout from proflowers.com
    I immediately called 800-776-3569 and got a cancellation from proflowers rep.
    I also called 800-355-1837 and easysaver could not locate my info - of course not.

What a bunch of frauds. Imaginge, going online to simply order flowers and you get pulled into this type of scam.

If I get any charges they'll get more earfulls than they know what to do with.
    Anyone can recognize this as deceptive, and now we know - the truth is out - about proflowers and what they'll do to you.

Attn: Proflowers - you've lost a customer, from the looks of it, lots of customers.
    How dare you.

• Jl
      6th of Feb, 2009

YES... this has been happening to me too! I just can not believe it!
    How can they do this to us? I also called 1-800-355-1837 and they claimed that it was a program I signed up for. I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS! I will never order from ProFlowers again.

• Tr
      6th of Feb, 2009

Federal resource for online fraud reporting:

Here's the information you'll need:

1. proflowers.com
    Proflowers DomainNames@proflowers.com
    5005 Wateridge Vista Drive
    Suite 200
    San Diego, CA 92121
    US

2. encoremarketing.com
    Thompson, Chuck cthompson@ENCOREMARKETING.COM
    Encore Marketing International, Inc.
    4501 FORBES BLVD

Herndon, VA 20172-0447
    570-708-8780

• Al
      10th of Feb, 2009

Ditto. I ordered flowers for my wife's birthday, and they were not delivered on that day. Her birthday just so happened to be on a Friday, so she didn't get her flowers until Monday. When I checked my account online to make sure I'd been credited the amount of the purchase, I noticed that Eady Saver had screwed me out of money that was not refunded!!!

• Mo
      13th of Feb, 2009

I called 1-800-355-1837 today after noticing a $1.95 charge on my checking account. My husband used pro flowers.com. The girl I spoke to said our membership was canceled as of today with no further charges. She was nice, I was nice about it but if I see any other charges on there, it will be a different story.

• Ba
      21st of Feb, 2009

Boy...what a scam.. I jut got my credit card...and saw two bills that didn't ring a bell...so I called the first one...Annual-FreeShipping.Com. They billed me for $83.88. I asked what it was about. They said I signed up for their reward program/credits, etc.. So they billed me their annual fee $83.88. I lost it. I said...I'm going to pay $83.88 for a rewards program??? They claimed I applied when I made 2 purchases from Cherry Moon Farms. I told them to take me off it NOW.. They'll credit my account for $76.07. I'm going to lose the $6.99 application fee.
    Then I find that the other bill on my credit card that I wasn't sure about was for $14.95 from Easy Saver. I came on line to see what they were all about and found all your postings how you all got scammed by them. I have to wait until Monday to get in touch with them.
    I called Cherry Moon Farms and told them that this was a scam. The only reason I ordered from them was because they were offering free shipping and since I had 2 orders to send, I figured it was worth it...NOT.
    I said to the girl...so to get free shipping, I get hit with $100.00 bill. I never noticed that when I got credit card payment from Cherry Moon last month, there was also a $1.95 charge from Easy Saver. Nice name..what a joke...Easy Loser!!!
    They claim that I signed an on line agreement. I dont' remember anything but applying for free shipment and possibly agreeing to receive specials. The night I went on, there was so much confusion with pop ups.
    I suggested to Cherry Moon that they notify management because not only I, but everyone else who got scammed will never deal with them again. I will also avoid ProFlowers after reading how many got scammed the same way with them.

• Mu
      4th of Mar, 2009

I had been cheated by ProFlowers, I had ordered flowers from India to be delivered in YUMA- USA last month, to my surprise when i checked my Credit card Statement yesterday I had seen 3 transaction of $1.95, $8.5, $14.95 been charged on Easy Saver. This reflects the frauds in USA. I had filed a legal suite on ProFlowers with My credit card company in India. If they are not going to return Money this would be draged to Internatinal forum.
    ProFlowers Respond to me Immedietly

Muralee Konda
    Contact No. +91 99497 64668 ( India)
    E Mail: konda.muralee@gmail.com

• Vi
      25th of Mar, 2009

Easy Saver is a total ripoff I agree. I just want to purchase some flowers I do not want to be a member of anything. They did charge me 14.95 this month too. When I checked my account this morning I was like WTF. So, I came in here to see what the heck this easy saver was and that's when I found out that it's because I order some flowers from proflower.com. I just want flowers nothing more.

• Mo
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I just found out today that the 16.95 I've been billed for the last year was stated to be a free baby coupon program through easy saver that a friend signed me up for! I've been trying to track down their correct number for months to contact them and cancel. they automatically canceled for me and set up a 3 month refund...but I'm going to go through my credit card company and see if they can get the whole thing refunded. That amounts to over 200 dollars in the last year! They better give it back to me or I'm going to go to the BBB. It's one thing to get a monthly charge when you actually receive something - but I haven't gotten anything!

12th of Apr, 2009

Who are these people? I have not ordered any flowers from anywhere. They started charging my credit card in January 09 for $1.95, Feb for $14.95 and March as well. The phone number I have on my charge statement is 1-877-699-9619. I got the same recording as everyone else. I order online very rarely and there weren't any online orders in the month that it started. I will be calling my bank and the BBB.

• Di

To:
    Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:48 AM
    Subject: Credit Confirmation

Mrs.

This email will confirm our conversation today regarding the Easy Saver
    Rewards membership. To reiterate our conversation, I have canceled the
    membership and, as agreed, issued a total of 11 refunds in the amount of
    $14.95 back to your credit card account. These refunds have been
    requested today and if you do your banking online, you may see those
    refunds as early as 48 hours.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
    Missy Baer
    4/14/09

• Ku
      20th of Apr, 2009

where ?

6th of Jul, 2009

Easy Saver is a scam... I too was scammed by easy saver, Send your complaints to Bill Strauss CEO of proflowers.com. bstrauss@proflowers.com