[Resolved] Easirent / easirent

Heathrow, United Kingdom

I prepaid for car rentalMurphy Arguscarhire. Arrived at Heathrow office to be told by the agent that no needed to buy liability insurance, even though I had confirmed with my own car insurance carrier that I was covered for rentals. Further he said my CDW was invalid even though I showed him the letter from Visa.

I let the agent know that I was very unhappy and that I thought Easirent were scammers. I conceded that I had little choice than to pay the additional insurance as I not want to lose what I had already paid . At this point the agent told me, "I'm not renting to you after what you said about us." I responded that he was obligated to issue a car because I had already paid for it. The agent told me that he didn't have to rent to anyone he didn't want to. When I asked for an immediate refund, he refused to assist me and told me I needed to go back to "...the website I booked it through."

I am a 55 year old primary school teacher. I used no profanity or threatening language. I had just arrived from the United States and was very tired. I can categorically state that I have never been treated so appallingly by any business in my entire life.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by niceladyrippedoff, Apr 08, 2017

A couple of typos I didn't catch.

Rental company was Easirent are Heathrow
    Agent told me I needed liability insurance

• Easirent Customer Care's Response, Apr 10, 2017

Without a name or Rental Agreement number, we have little to go off but our standard procedure applies to this complaint. If you feel you have received a poor level of service from anyone at Easirent we encourage you to report it to [protected]@easirent.com so we can bring this to the attention of the Regional Managers. Our staff are continually trained in providing a good level of Customer Service, Satisfaction, Politeness, Friendliness and Helpful Empathy guidance. If a member of our Staff is not following our guidelines then we need to know about it. You can find all the information necessary to open a complaint by visiting www.easirent.com/reviews

We apologise for your poor experience and hope a resolution will be reached quickly.
    Easirent Team