Ea Games / The Sims 3 Wii / Game in general

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

The Sims 3 for the Wii console is horrible. The graphics are horrid and the game takes my Wii so long to think that it freezes up. The sims get stuck on the couch and you cant get them off until they decide they want up. You can't build a house, which was my favorite part. The choices for the appearance are nothing compared to the PC version. I originally started playing my Mom's PC version and was so excited about it and addicted that I immediately went out and bought the Sims 3 for my Wii. Complete disappointment. I tried to take it back to the store and they would only exchange it for the exact same thing. So I tried to contact EA Games directly and they have disconnected their contact us page. I would be so embarrassed to put this out on the shelves I would disconnect my contact page too.

Comments

• Po
      30th of Dec, 2010

Some people are quite fond of it, but you should have done your research first. The reason why you can't return it is due to anti-piracy laws. As far as they know, you copied it and then attempted to return it.

• Si
      8th of Jan, 2011

I'm on my third return copy of the same game since it can't be exchanged for a different game...guess what? All three freeze up within 5 to 10 minutes of play...I can't believe someone out there is making money off this obvious rip off!!! I'm sure this game works fine with other game systems, but NOT THE WII...they NEED to recall this game!!! My family doesn't have $50 to throw around. This was a Christmas gift for my kids and now they have no new games this year. Oh well...as long as someone is benefiting from our loss.

• Oh
      13th of Jan, 2011

I agree! I was so excited to get this game for the Wii, as my computer doesn't have the requirements to play it...and now I am just so frustrated and angry - it freezes when I try to save or quit and the game play itself it nothing compared to what I've heard you can do on the PC. It IS a rip off and I did not know you couldn't return it, until I read this, which just furthers my aggravation. Ugh, did they even test this game before putting it out??

13th of Jan, 2011

As far as I know, the console sim games are never the same as the computer sim games.

Not being able to return games is a common practice, ohsnapbethie due to anti-piracy laws.

• Ju
      14th of Jan, 2011

It seems like alot of people have this problems with the game freezing and EA has no solutions. I have the issue where my game no longer wants to save after about a weeks play and freezes on the red save screen. I cleaned my concoles memory, installed the latest updates, check if my other games can still save. My conclusion is that the games development sucks and they didnt test it correctly. And with regards to the problem, I posted 2 times on there forums and logged 2 queries and had a live chat with one of there call centre staff and the help I got was horrid! A monkey that had his brains removed could have assisted me better. Some guy named Randall gave me the following link

Randall: Answer Title: How do I save/share an object on The Sims 3?
    Answer Link: http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1311

which firstly it's not even for the wii and is of no help to my problem. I was then told to post here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/list which i have already done, more than once! The conversation with Randall eventually landed up very sour and me even more disappointed.

So bobina84 your not missing out on anything helpful, there online chat help is even more of a disgrace to there name!

• Ol
      21st of Feb, 2011

the game is extremely glitchy and is not at all worth the price. my wii makes noises like it is struggling to read the disk throughout the entire game. the people can walk through other people, the cars can do the same. also the buildings dissapear and make it nearly impossible to find out where we can walk and i always get stuck between buildings and it takes forever to find a way out. it was a valentines day present to me and my sisters and its so dissapointing that we can hardly even play it. :(

• Si
      13th of Mar, 2011

i sold my house to buy a new one but when i went to buy it, it said there was noo free space!!! there was nothing on the whole lot and it said there was no room?!!! that game just gets worse

• Li
      28th of May, 2011

I've had the SIm's Wii console game for a month now...So many times I had to unplug the game because of that freezing & even if you do all the work on your sim they die on you or they say your happiness days are over & your game ends...HOW STUPID??? i DID NOT GO THROUGH ALL THAT TO LOSE MY SIM I WORKED SO HARD TO CREATE W/SKILLS & MONEY ETC...JUST TO LOSE HIM??? Now I heard that the Sim's 3 for the PS & XBOX both have longer life spans that you can change...What the hell...Did EA give nintendo the ### of the lot? I'm pissed about it...& WHAT IS WITH THOSE STUPID TOMBSTONES? i BROUGHT ALL MINE TO THE GRAVEYARD & NOTHING!

11th of Oct, 2011

I also had the game, and I hated the fact that you couldn't have infants and toddlers, plus all of the glitches. I figured, oh well, that must be the price you pay for entertainment. But, then I tried it for the PS3, and while it's less "glitchy" and has more options for designing Sims and their houses, it still had the issue of saving once you reached a certain number of weeks. EA has to work harder in the future if they want to retain their fan-base.