E-Harmony / dating scam!
When I was a member of E-harmony more than 95% of the men they matched me up with lived at least 1000 miles away from me and the few who lived less than 200 miles away (whom I could count on one hand) closed me out. I live in Boston. E-harmony's matching program couldn't find ANY men in my heavily-populated area with whom to match me? Somethings fishy since as soon as I let my membership expire, E-harmony then magically was suddenly able to find me matches in the Boston area, often sending me one or more a week as "bait" to get me to sign up again. It makes me question their ethics.
Also, I signed up specifying no automatic renewal. They put me in for automatic renewal. I spent hours figuring out how to change it on the computer and e-mailing them to confirm that they had done it. Yet when my membership expired they **still** automatically renewed me! Luckily I had used a specially-generated credit card number that has a dollar-cap and the renewal bounced. Then they e-mailed me asking me to give them a new credit card number since they couldn't automatically renew me and wanted to. Slimey and unethical. Avoid this company. They rip people off and I feel bad for people who are signing up in good faith. I think of what they will have to deal with. It is sad to be scammed.
More E-Harmony Complaints & Reviews
- eHarmony - fraud, deception, lack of service, service interruptions 
- eHarmony - customer service is horrible! 
- eHarmony - subscription cancellation 
- eHarmony - overpriced rip-offs! 
- eHarmony - expired member matching 
- eHarmony.com - profiles
- eHarmony - complaint regarding treatment by eharmony
- eHarmony - misrepresentation of effective compatibility categories
- eHarmony - everything about the site
- eHarmony - fraud and scam