Dunkin Donuts / dirt in cake donut dough

Greer, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 864-288-2088

After ordering two old fashioned cake doughnuts through the drive through, I broke one apart and found black flecks all in the doughnut. The other doughtnut was the same. It looked like mites or like someone had put pepper in the dough before dropping them. I went in the store and asked the red headed female manager there about the quality of the doughnuts an showed her the flecks of black/brown dirtlike stuff. SHe said, "Theyre old fashioned doughnuts. They have spices and stuff." It wouldve been fine had the pictues I've found on the internet had no sign of these spices. Or had she even said it nicely. I felt that I was being laughed at. This lady avoided my complaint and did not even offer me replacement doughnuts which would've cost the company under 50 cents. I walked out of the place with no doughnuts and having lost my money.

Dunkin Donuts
Dunkin Donuts

Comments

• Ra
      May 29, 2011

Are you blind? have you seen the photos? if you were given a donut that looked like that would you eat it?

• Ra
      May 29, 2011

Ahhh. You must work there.

• Ji
      Sep 23, 2014

Such a dumb thing to post...have you never had a doughnut before?! Maybe you should stick with cookies.

• Dw
      Aug 30, 2015

That's how they look! Every single Old Fashioned donut, EVERY time, dear. They are made with spices just as you were told. Try to educate yourself before you make complaints, otherwise you look like a fool.

• Me
      Sep 03, 2015

wow you people are so nasty. I too ate a plain donut today and had the same black specks and if you read the ingredients there are no spices. so what the hell is it???????

• Ni
      Mar 07, 2017

I'm trying to figure out what spice(s) are used in these donuts. I have found some recipes that say to use nutmeg, but to me it tastes like anise or something. The DD website just says "natural and artificial flavors".