Duke Energy / high cost of bill
I have never had such an outrageous electric bill. I thought last month's was bad at $269. I called in and apparently, it's the same canned response given to anyone that calls in to question about their bill. From reading other complaints on other websites, I guess they say "this winter is colder than last". Your furnace has to work harder to run the heat to keep it the same temperature. That is complete BS! This winter I've been setting my thermostat 2 - 3 degrees cooler than last, and I still have much higher electric bills. We don't have any other additional appliances than what we've had the previous 2 years. We aren't using our electric any differently than the previous 2 years. Now, I just got an online notification that my bill for this month is $334. My highest electric bill all last winter was $225. Then, most of my bills last winter were below $200, and I was running the temp 2-3 degrees higher. Something doesn't add up, and something needs to be done about this monopoly. We need to oust Duke Energy out of the Cincinnati area, and bring in a more reasonably priced competitor. OH, the other thing I find suspicious is reading other people's claims that they don't come out and actually read your meter.
More Duke Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Progress Energy - Terrible customer service 
- Progress Energy - HIGH BILL AND EXCESSIVE FEES 
- Duke Energy - reconnection times 
- Progress Energy - ADDITIONAL DEPOSITS 
- Duke Energy - power pole price to move 
- Duke Energy - underground installation
- Duke Energy - energy wise program broke my coils while installing sensors
- Duke Energy - duke didn't provide notice was disconnecting power!!
- Duke Energy - loss of appliances
- Duke Energy - service