Dubai First / injustice unethical credit card charges

1 po box-2630, Janata Bank Ltd , Abu Dhabi Br, UaeAbu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Dubai moments card — [protected], issue date 11/2014, md abdul malek, po box-2630, abu dhabi,. I did not use and even not activate the card but suddenly on 11.01.2016 I got a mobile msg pay minimum 100 without any previous information. Issuing time your marketing executive who made issue the card here confirmed us its life time free card. Now its very injustice, disturbing and mental harassment for me. This is not accord to central bank service charges rules. So you are cordially requested to cancel the credit card and release me.

Ab
Jan 20, 2016

Comments

• Ji
      31st of May, 2016

I feel am cheated by Dubai First Credit Card Company. I had applied for a credit card and got one on time. However I have never been able to use it, despite calling customer support several times, it has not helped me use the card. however I am getting payment calls regularly from Dubai First agents asking me to pay, to all of them I requested to activate card, tried explaining I have not been able to use the card. however no one helped. Then in Feb 2016 I decided to Send an email to Dubai First and the mail was send as below:

-------------------------------------
    From:
    Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2016 1:46 PM
    To: Dubai First
    Subject: RE: Dubai Moments Titanium Card E-Statement February 2016

HI Team,

I had escalated multiple times that I have not been able to use your card. Whenever I have tried using your card, it says card is not activated, I then contacted your customer service and they say its activated. I was pushed back and forth with no resolution. The only consistency I see with Dubai first is your aggressive calling to pay for the card. This is pathetic customer service, first of they call for money, I tell them my issue and they say I will get back to you but they never. What kind of a service is this. Why should I pay for a card that you all have not allowed me to use neither provided a service. This is pathetic. If someone is reading this, solve this and take back your card. I don’t need your card
    Regards

-------------------------------------------------------

Now after 3 months, an Agent is calling and pestering me to pay, Looks like they don't know what you mean by service and they say

1) Pay money and use card

2) or pay money and cancel card

I requested them to send me an email with the above suggestions but they don't want to send me any mail with those details. I reminded them that they are charging me yearly fee for a service that has not been delivered despite ultiple request. This does not look like Customer service but aa fraud service.

If they give 1 card each to 1000 users, don't let them use it, wait for a year and force them to pay 400 aed for a service not delivered, there itself they are making a revenue of 400000 AED for no service offered. This is atrocious day light robbery.

• Ra
      5th of Apr, 2017

I should agree with the comment. I have a similar experience with Dubai First now. They sent me a credit card without me requesting and said the first year is free. I did not activate the card as I do not require that. Now they sent me a bill for AED 760 within the first 6 months saying that these are the applicable charges for the credit card. This is totally unethical practice.