Dubai First / Credit Card

1 Dubai, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Dear Sir,

​I ​am writing to dispute a fraudulent charge on my account for the amount of AED 4472​ with Dubai First Credit card.

I have a credit card with Dubai First​ which I never activated. My credit card number is [protected]. Recently, I received my credit card bill dated ​05​ ​November​ 201​7​, the bill was amounted to ​AED 4472​.

As I mentioned, I have never activated the card and therefore the charges have been forged on me,

My card is free from any annual subscription fees or similar chargers. It operates for free. I was informed by your bank that the charge was levied for an insurance​ plan. But I never requested for one. Your bank provided me a service that I never asked for. As a matter of fact, it was forced upon me and I was never even informed. I have discussed this matter very clearly with the bank authorities. They refused to give me any proof of receiving my consent to activate any kind of services, clearly because they don't have any.

I would also like to bring to your notice that I was not informed about any police case​ filed against me. During my current visit to UAE on 25th November 2017, I was detained at the airport by the authorities and was taken to jail and released after a day. I was humiliated and tortured in the name of a fraudulent case charged against me.

I visited the Burdubai office of Dubai First Bank several times and repeatedly informed about the fraudulent charges but the bank authorities were rude and they misbehaved with me. The officials were never ready to even listen to my case or concern. ​

​During ​my visit​ on​ 05 November, 2017​ to the bank I was asked to pay AED 2500​ by Mr. Unni Krishnan (Mob: +971-[protected]) to clear the fraudulent police case and the related charges. I tried my best to convince them about the forgery of my cheque but they refused to listen and asked me to make the payment without even conducting a formal inquiry​ about the fraudulent case in which I was being framed.

In my visit on 11 January, 2018 I was once again forced to pay some amount and this time it was AED 1025. I tried to communicate the reality but once again my effort was wasted.

​When I was in India, a representative ​of your business, Mr. ​Rajiv (​Mob: ​+91-[protected]) rang me up several times on different dates​ and​ I was informed that I owed a debt and if I did not repay immediately, my possessions would be seized​ and I would be taken to jail​. Your representative asked my ​family and relatives​ for personal details about me including my home address and phone number. I was humiliated and this harmed my reputation​. I​ dispute owing the debt. There is no court judgment against me that would allow my possessions to be seized. This breaches the UAE Consumer and Competition Commission, and the UAE Securities and Investments Commission's Debt Collection Guideline​.

I am a victim of tele-sales fraudulent and theft. I did not make any payment from your card. In fact, I have not even activated your card. I am requesting for the charges to be removed, that any finance and other charges related to the fraudulent amount be waived off, and that I be given a clearance certificate from your bank. I hope you get a clear picture about the issue in hand and would provide your complete support in resolving this issue. Any letters or calls further received with respect to the mentioned would mean that you are deliberately attempting to harass and loot me, therefore forcing me to present my attorney.

Yours sincerely,

Shahil Hameed
India:+91-[protected]
UAE: +971-[protected]

Sh
Jan 13, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      23rd of Feb, 2019

I have been using Dubai First Credit Card for 2 months and I am already suffering from their poor service and lack of customer importance. I have been following up with a credit card payment issue but the company does not respond to any of my emails or complaints. I have sent atleast 10 emails and made 10-15 calls to their Customer service but the only response I get is that they are investigating the matter.
    I have made a complete payment of my credit card, however the payment is missing. I have confirmed with my bank (Emirates NBD) and the payment has been transferred to your beneficiary account. I had informed this to a member of the Credit collection team who was following up with me multiple times.
    However, I got a call from her today and she started shouting at me asking why I had sent the email and that it is my responsibility to contact their beneficiary and ensure they receive the payment. Her behaviour was extremely rude and I had to disconnect the call as she was shouting at me. I have been trying to sort out this issue from my end as much as possible but I do not have a control on what the process is followed by the beneficiary of Dubai First. This seems like it has become my responsibility to sort out the issue, although it is very clear that the issue is with the payment process which Dubai First has established with their beneficiary.
    I have been very patient during this whole case but I have had enough. I would like to inform that as soon as this case is resolved, I am going to cancel my credit card with Dubai First immediately. And I will definitely share my feedback with all my relatives and colleagues, on the horrifying experience I am having with Dubai First as well as the way their employees behave with customers. I have raised a complaint with the Central Bank as well, escalating this issue.In addition they have started charging fines and late payments for the same. I also got informed that this may impact my credit scores with the Etihad Bureau, which clearly the company does not care about.