DSL Extreme / speed

1 Chatsworth, United States

Signed up because I was told by Diane DSLextream's customer service rep over the phone that I can upgrade the speed when a faster speed was available in my area. After only 1 months of service (painfully slow service form DSLextreams 3mb plan, I couldn't load Netflix and a lot of outages also), there was a faster 6mb plan available for my area.

I called back and spoke to maria, she told me the cost is now $29.99 (plus an EXTRA $2.98 EVERY month for fees, PS read the fine print) instead of the original $19.99!?!?!

When I asked why maria said, she said and I quote, "Sorry, you should of read the FINE print, it states that once you sign up you can not upgrade at the $19.99 price!"

When I said I was told I could by the last CSR she said the FINE print blah blah blah.

I ask to speak to a supervisor and she said, "Good luck." Then came back and said her supervisor is busy and can call me back LATE, after 5pm today or MAYBE tomorrow.

I guess once I am under a 1 year contract (must pay full amount if i want out) there's not urgency in speaking to me.

So to recap, they lied to get me signed up, they have "extremely" slow speeds (you CANNOT watch netflix without stoppage every now and then with 3mb/s plan), then raised the prices on me, then don't want to talk to me anymore.

I am going to post this in every web board and review sites on the net!!

Mi