Having problems with DSL Extreme?

+1 800 774 3379 (Billing Department)
+1 866 243 8638 (Sales & Information)
+1 800 949 3759 (Business Sales & Info)
+1 866 491 7221 (High-Speed DSL Support)
+1 877 714 7549 (Dialup Support)
+1 866 245 5154 (Website Hosting Support)
9221 Corbin Ave. № 260
Northridge, California

Complaints & Reviews

billing fraud

Like everyone else, thought that I was getting a good deal. this system never worked, and paying a tech...

Poor service

Absolutely the WORST customer service ever - we signed up my sister-in-law in Sacramento 3 weeks ahead of time so we could go up from Southern California to get her started on email. We got 3 confirmation emails from DSL Extreme and modem mailed to her. Once we arrived..no service! After two hours on the phone they couldn't tell us why - just that it was in their "order" dept and they were closed on Sunday. Having to leave the next morning by 9 a.m. to get back home they promised to call us at 6 a.m. when they opened - not only did they not really open at 6 a.m. but had a recording they opened at 7 a.m. except at 7:15 we were still getting the recording they weren't open yet. Finally got another tech person but they couldn't get through either - by 8 a.m we gave up and cancelled the order.

Sadly we never got any service for her and had to leave - we couldn't even get a competitor to provide for another 3 weeks because DSL extreme wouldn't cancel the order with AT&T so that another order could be placed!

Took forever to get the refund on the modem once it was returned (immediately by the way) and then blamed OUR CREDIT CARD company...stay away at all cost! Unless you like being frustrated, lied to and disconnected!

• Ct
    cthpham Apr 10, 2011

(At relative's house with internet). I've used DSLExtreme many times and have never had so many problems until now. Before, I would always compliment this company for it's helpful and quick service, but now I'm one of those guests that have absolutely sided with the negative end. Ok, moved on March 18th, put an order request in to notify address change 2 weeks ahead already. Online appointment to have internet up at new home on March 20th. Internet not up. Called an apparently At&t had to come fix the phone line. Ok, got that settled in one day and we still use the same phone number. March 21st, phone lines working perfectly, No Internet. Called, DSLExtreme said it takes 7 to 10 days after At&T gets a working phone line to get internet back up. March 31, no internet. Called DSLExtreme up, they said they can't connect and need to put in a new line. That makes no sense, it's still the same phone number and service was available to the new area according to the service tracker online. It was quote on quote GUARANTEED that everything would be resolved and I'd have internet back up running again exactly on April 4. No Internet. April 5, called and tech support doesn't know what's going on and that Tier 2 will call me back in 24 hours. April 6th no call back so I called and complained to supervisor. Supervisor April said she'll find up what's going on and at least give me a follow up in 24 hours. April 8, no call back. I Called and complained to Manager Kathryn, who said she'll personally handle it and call me back. April 9, no call back. I Called at 2pm of which tech support said Tier 2 has too many calls and will call me back that day. 8pm no call back, I called tech support and they said Tier 2 will call me back in an hour. Oh yeah, did I not mention each time I call I literally had to wait more than 5 to 10 minutes on hold. WTF, I have not had internet for over 3 weeks and DSLExtreme doesn't even have the courtesy to call or email me and make a follow-up on why they can't resolve the "no sync" problem. On top of that, they refuse to wave my april bill and will charge me a late fee if I don't pay. So there you have it, I'm paying for service of which I'm NOT provided. I can't use a new internet service provider, because if I terminate my service with DSLExtreme they'll charge me a $250 early termination fee.

Poor business tactics

For two years I DSL Extreme internet service. I had decent service (although more expensive and slower than I...

Scam charges

I answered a add on dsl extreme because it was a cheap rate, and before I disconnected my primary dsl with Time Warner.

Because the purchase was more then 22.00 dollar I had by law in california 3 days to accept or refuse the offer regardless of the any other contracts they my have required me to sign. With in on day when I recieved the Modem it would not connect on line. First dsl extreme told me my problem was the telephone lines, and I had to have that fixed, I call and had a line check immediately, then the next thing the technicans told me it was my router, I when the next day purchased a new router, and till I could not get email, this was when I cancelled.

They said give a little more time and we will fix this, I agreed for just a few hours more. They failed I demanded they cancell, and then they told me I owe them 350.00 more because I sign up for 12 months. I explaine that not allowed by Cal laws, and I have cancelled two time, and you still are not listening. I sent them there Modem back and paid the shipping, and got a email confirming they received it. Then my credit card keep getting billed until I refused to pay any more. They collected almost 200.00 plus the installation fees, and Now they sent me a final notice or else I will go to collection. At this point I still will not pay that until I find a court that order this. Once I get a collection notice I am filing a small claim for the money they keep billing my credit card for. Nothing was wrong with the phone line, a added charge, nothing was wrong with my router, and I a added charge for a fast modem was 109.00 dollars more.

• My
    myn123 Jul 03, 2009

You are not the only. I had intermitten dsl problems off and on for the first month. I worked with the technician to troubleshoot various times, then finally requested a cancel after not hearing for over 2 weeks. I was $250 billed for early termination and now will be turned over to the Collection Agency.

DSL Extreme is an unethical company. They will not be responsible if service is not available. They put the burden on the customer for paying for early termination of poor service. Please let me know how we can get out of this mess.

No customer service

Because the purchase was more then 22.00 dollar I had by law in California 3 days to accept or refuse the offer regardless of the any other contracts they my have required me to sign. With in on day when I received the Modem it would not connect on line. First dsl extreme told me my problem was the telephone lines, and I had to have that fixed, I call and had a line check immediately, then the next thing the technicians told me it was my router, I when the next day purchased a new router, and till I could not get email, this was when I canceled.

They said give a little more time and we will fix this, I agreed for just a few hours more. They failed I demanded they cancel, and then they told me I owe them 350.00 more because I sign up for 12 months. I explain that not allowed by Cal laws, and I have canceled two time, and you still are not listening. I sent them there Modem back and paid the shipping, and got a email confirming they received it. Then my credit card keep getting billed until I refused to pay any more. They collected almost 200.00 plus the installation fees, and Now they sent me a final notice or else I will go to collection. At this point I still will not pay that until I find a court that order this. Once I get a collection notice I am filing a small claim for the money they keep billing my credit card for. Nothing was wrong with the phone line, a added charge, nothing was wrong with my router, and I a added charge for a fast modem was 109.00 dollars more.

Terrible service!

DSLextreme has TERRIBLE customer service! I was a customer for several years and suddenly found myself without internet service. I called DSLextreme's technical support number and after a looong wait on hold was finally told that I needed to have a re-connect order submitted. What the technician failed to mention was that he couldn't submit a re-connect order, only billing could so I was without internet service for several more days until I called back and was told that only billing could help me. So I called billing and: was endlessly put on hold, transferred from one person to another having to explain my problem every time, hung up on, told "I'll be right back" only to be placed back into the, "Your call is very important to us..." limbo for (no exaggeration) 25 minutes! When I finally reached a supervisor and explained to her what I had been through, her answer: "Sorry, that's just the way it is." I asked her if I was going to be charged for the now 2 weeks I had been without internet service and of course was told that, yes I was still paying for non-existing service. The final straw was when I told the supervisor to cancel my account and was told that she was not able to do that, I had to send a letter or cancel via my non-working internet service. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from Dslextreme!!!

• Mh
    m hopkinson May 05, 2008

I called DSLExtreme today to cancel my service. I live in Santa Monica, and the underlying carrier Verizon seems unable to provide reliable DSL connection. So now I have 6 months on my 12 month contract left. Is there an early termination fee available? "No" was the answer.

Can I cancel it now, so that the service automatically ends when the contract ends? "NO - I have to contact them at least 30 days in advance of the contract ending... okay - I'll put that down in my Blackberry and call them back then.

Otherwise to cancel this non-working service now, I have to pay 6 months in advance. Is there no requirement that the service be functional to still be billable? Apparently not. Great work if you can get it. I'm off to Twitter about this lousy experience, and while I'm at it... I'll send a post over to TechCrunch.

• Da
    danielle Oct 06, 2008

i agree with the complaints- i'm going through the same terrible service- more like lack of any service! i'm in the process of cancelling. i will not pay a cancellation fee - out of the one month i've had them as my ISP ive had less then 48 hours of internet connection @#$*! arghh

• Br
    bretiredcop5 Jul 13, 2009

I AGREE STAY AWAY FROM DSL EXTREME, THEY NEED TO HAVE THEIR OPERATIONS CHECKED
    OUT. THEIR BILLING IS WAY OUT OFF LINE, YOU CAN NOT REACH ANY ONE WITH OUT A LONG WAIT (1/2 HOUR OR MORE) WHERES OUR GOV. AGENCY FOR THIS STUFF. WE RIPPED OFF U SHOULD BE THEIR NAME.

• To
    tom111 Jan 06, 2010

I spoke with a rude and disinterested woman on their sales staff - before I even placed an order. I can only imagine what the service would be like once they have you locked in. I've had better service from the DMV; I can only assume that they employ inmates. O, and when I called to complain another rude individual expressed total disinterest.

• Br
    bretiredcop Feb 18, 2010

Hey, everyone, contact Gen Attorney Jerry Browns office, (CA) and make a foraml complaint, just as I did, it took 2 years, but, I finally proved that this DSL EXtreme is a rip. they have an open complaint in their office. use it, get a peice of mind, in knowing that they are having a hard time proving all of these charges.

Never trust DSLExtreme.com

DSLExtreme's service was intermittent at best but I canceled my service because I moved. When I called...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices