Drive Time / used car in bad condition

Jun 1, 2015
Drive time
Newport news
I purchased a car from drive time and with in almost 3 months the engine light came on and within 5 minutes of the engine light coming on the car stopped. I have 4 children and was 39 weeks pregnant at the time. Me and the kids had to walk home and did not get home until 2:30am. I have had to pay for rentals and the warranty will pay me back, but who has enough money to pay for rentals and continue to pay almost $500 a month for a car that does not work. The automotive place just told me that the car needs a new engine?????? A new engine after almost 3 months. THIS concerns me. Everyone in drive time is nice but this is not customer service. I purchased a car from car max 2 years ago and never had an issue with my car. Carmax cares about their vehicles and obviously their customers. Even when someone totalled my carmax car it was still driving. Its amazing!! I did not feel scandled by carmax but I do with drive time. I am now 40 weeks pregnant and could go a into labor at any time! At this moment I have no car and its in the shop and says it will need a new engine but they need to send as inspector out first which could take days and then fixing it could take weeks. I guess this is why they MAKE you put a warrenty on their vehicles. As carmax gives you the option of a warrenty! I do not trust drive time this hurts that a company would sell a single mother a messed up vehicle or even anyone a messed up vehicle. I hope they just give me my money back but we all know even if they were wrong that wont happen. Do not put on my comment that this is not true because I will put the name of the body shop on this coMment along with the vin number of the vehicle and the claim number for the warranty! This story Is true and im telling the world!

N  5th of Jun, 2015 by
You bought a used car, the engine light came on and you kept driving for another 5 min... How is this anyone's fault???
Then the warranty company said they need to have a adjuster look at the car... Again, why is it anyone's fault that they have to do the job that needs to be done???
You said you have 4 kids and you are 40 weeks pregnant... AGAIN why is this the fault of the Warranty Company and what does it have to do with the complaint about them???
As far as CarMax being better because the car was still drive-able after an accident is not the same thing...

DriveTime Automotive Group Logo DriveTime Automotive Group