DR Horton Homes / sub-par & lack of response
If you are thinking of purchasing a house built by DR Horton Homes then our advice is, don’t! We had decided on purchasing one of their spec houses with the verbal agreement that we could cancel at anytime and our earnest deposit would be returned. DR Horton’s representatives agreed to replace and/or repair, to our satisfaction, any and all of the deficiencies that we found. After walking through the house, we found at least 46+ issues; such as, a cracked tub, broken window frames, crooked toilets, chipped light globes, holes in several walls, broken molding, air handler filter blocked and could not be changed, missing stucco, crooked A/C, bathroom mirror required replacing, as well as lack of molding, grout, weather stripping, and caulk. Therefore, we decided it would be in our best interest that we cancel. In the end, they reneged on the replace/repair agreement and also kept the earnest deposit. Lastly, neither their sales representative nor their corporate office would reply to our inquiries and we have the documentation to prove it. Stay clear of DR Horton Homes.
More DR Horton Homes Complaints & Reviews
- D.R.Horton - home builder 
- D.R.Horton - before you buy a house from them 
- DR Horton (Cambridge Homes) Liberty Grove - poor workmanship 
- D R Horton - fraud 
- DR Horton - misrepresentation at signing of contract
- D.R. Horton - customer service
- D.R. Horton - hating to be lied to 
- D.R. Horton - attic ventilation
- D.R. Horton - warranty
- D.R. Horton - new homes in odessa fl the preserves.