Dollar.com - Rent A Car / Don't rent from Dollar.com!
I booked a minivan from Dollar on Travelocity. It was supposed to cost about $70/night. When I arrived at Newark airport to pick it up, the desk agent told me they would charge $55/day extra because I live in Brooklyn. I refused to pay it, telling her that I had booked it for much less.
She said I had no choice in the matter, and I couldn't get the van without the extra fee.
I left to try to find another alternative, but no other agencies had vans, and I needed to leave for my wedding that night, so I sucked it up and rented the van.
Before I rented, I called Travelocity customer service dept and spent at least 30 minutes on the phone with a woman who, once she finally understood the problem (she didn't speak English well), called Dollar, then got on the phone with me to say that the reason for the fee was that I arrived late. I wasn't late when I arrived for the van, and the desk agent specifically told me it was because I live in Brooklyn. The Travelocity lady then told me to email customer service when I had a chance.
So, basically, this is a complaint against both Dollar and Travelocity.
Don't rent from Dollar!!!
More Dollar.com - Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar Rent A Car - fraudulent unethical toll charges 
- Dollar Rent A Car - tricked into extra charges 
- Dollar Rent A Car - car rental extras 
- Dollar Rent A Car - ldw scam 
- Dollar Rent A Car - horrible customer treatment 
- Dollar Rent A Car - linda synovitz toll charges
- Dollar Rent A Car - debit/credit card rentals/ a pervasive corporate attitude of unprofessionalism and theft by deception
- Dollar Rent A Car - car rental
- Dollar Rent A Car - car hire while we were in florida 2 oct till 17th
- Dollar Car Rental - unjustified administrative fee