Dollar Tree / charge for plastic bag

1 Columbus GA, United States Review updated:

I was advised in Columbus, GA that dollar tree has implemented a .01 charge per bag. I was further advised that this charge will NOT be implemented to EBT customers. This is discrimination at its finest. Why is a non EBT customer treated any differently than an EBT customer. I need clarification on this immediately. It is unjust to ask one customer to bring a recycled bag or pay the fee but not ask another customer to do the same. I held on your customer service line this morning for more than 45 minutes. A rep came on and advised she would connect me. It immediately went to voice mail. I have not received a follow up call. I, and many others on social media are very disturbed about this double standard. I would appreciate an explanation.

De
Jan 16, 2019

Comments

• Td
      16th of Jan, 2019

I work @ Dollar Tree in Clinton & no one is charged for any bags so don't know why GA is charging when it's the same company

• Mr
      16th of Jan, 2019

@TDW1980 It's not the company but the state/city. Washington DC they have been charging 5c a bag for a couple of years.

• Mr
      16th of Jan, 2019

1 freaking penny? Please. We're charged 5. And our public assistance people are even worse in regards to entitlement issues. You should see the size of the seats at the nycha office! Made to fit the obese!!!

• Ri
      17th of Jan, 2019

I believe this charge is going company wide. They have a sign up in my Roanoke, VA store they will be charge only tax payers $.01 also. But the entitled and illegals will all get free bags!