Dollar General / the new manger

1 north hillsMeridian, MS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 601-693-8265

I had been working for Dollar General since Septmber 2008 and i loved my job my boss at the time understude that i had two small children at home and really worked with me about my hours that i worked and taught me a lot when i got hired i became a third key holder so i was really happy. But then we had a new manger take over the store and she was opening every deposit that i made why i still dont understand that she also had me working every night never day shift and she never would work night shift. When my old boss left the distantant manger offord me the the assisant manger job with more pay and i say yes i ran the store 5 days by myself and did a good job then when the new manger came along I called the big boss back to ask about my pay because i never got it she said i was not the assisant and that it was up to the new boss if she wanted me to have that postion or not. I fell like i was used and i think somthing need to be done about it.I finally quit Febuary 3 because i has call my boss and told her i would be comming in late sue to my kids and she told me i was going to get wrote up for it and that i need to find somthing else to do with my kids she was upset because she had to leave early to take her husband to the docotors.. i feel like if she is the boss it is her job to stay there until i can get there.I also had a bad problem when one of the cashiers there was taking money from the cashregister and when i call her she wouldnt do anything about it so i called the big boss and she told me to just keep my eyes on her. I feel like they reather have people there who are stealing money and there products there instead of people like me who was doing so much for the company and trying to help out and stop the people who was stealing i couldn't work around that stuff anymore. And when i went to get my last check i didnt have one i have my clock in paper that shows i worked 14.50 and still to this day have never got paid for it. But my old buss sopsely got fired for cutting a persons time by 15 minutes.. So i really think you guys need to do somthing about this...PLEASE i loved my job and hate i quit but i could no longer put up with this kind of stuff going on and nobody seemed to care but me...

Comments

Fr
  21st of Apr, 2009

I'm with you. The more you do the more they want, it's never enough. I had to "beg" for literacy fund, food donations for the local food bank that are still sitting in the back of the store in baskets instead of actually going to the food bank and the newest thing I had to peddle: LD Honey Buns and Oatmeal Cream pies. In all of these add-on categories I always collected/ sold the most and never got any kind of benefit or "prize". Heck she didn't even give me the day off I requested two weeks ago. Others get the same set schedule and don't have to work a single close or weekend, were hired after me or a only few month before me. You tell me what's going on here? Could it be because I'm from another country ( and no- I'm not illegal)!!!????

22nd of May, 2009

Ok Jason your opion is crap I think you need to get a life and stop judging people here. shavon i feel for you as my partner went through the same crap. And they fired her and everyone thinks this isn't discrimination well look at the big picture. Shavon wasn't born an American and Kelly is gay. Seems funny you both went through the same type of write ups and statements. Looks to me like DG doesn't give a damn about their employees or their customers all they care about is the money the customers spend there. Think the corporate headquarters better be doing some investigating of there DMS and Managers.

22nd of May, 2009

omg don't you have anything better to do than run your mouth you little twit you don't know the first thing about what i went through or what these other people went through you just like causing drama

22nd of May, 2009

Jason get a life your don't have a clue about any of this and all I see on here is you running your mouth telling everyone on here they didn't do their job right. Well I beg to differ as look how many people on here have a complaint and most of them are the same complaints. I SAY THERE IS A BIG F@@@@#$% PROBLEM WITH DOLLAR GENERAL!!! I think everyone on here should get together and get a lawyer together and fight the dumb ### and show them they can't screw with them anymore. And maybe if we throw Jason a bone he'll be content.

23rd of May, 2009

your so ignorant i'm thirty years old and live 2100 miles away from my mother you idiot we will see who gets creamed you immature twelve year old

23rd of May, 2009

well you know what they say jason opinions are like ###s and you are one

23rd of May, 2009

well you really showed your age there Jason. This is a place for adults to send their complaints not children so think you should bow out right now. You have no clue what it is like living in the real world dealing with adult problems. So get your pacifier and go take a nap.

23rd of May, 2009

whoa you immature little brat your not even old enough to work for the company and yet you feel you gotta comment on every little thing. My IQ is alot higher than my age smartass. Zachary may not be old enough to be with the company either but like i said before he enough common courtesy to apoligize when he was in the wrong. You wouldn't know what that means to say your sorry and thank you very much we did this morning lol grow up and get a life

Mi
  23rd of May, 2009

Don't pay any attention to Jason, people. He's a mean-spirited little fellow who doesn't seem to be very happy about his life.

lol mickey i agree

24th of May, 2009

You really know how to make yourself look like a ### don't you Jason. Just like a child calling names. GROW UP OR GET OUT OF HERE.

24th of May, 2009

Ok jason the only stupid one here is you if you would have walked into a dollar general and put in your application you would know that you have to be 18 or older. so no your not old enough to work for the company you have no idea what the real world is but you will someday hmmm maybe kind of hard to know what the real world is when your twelve

Br
  24th of May, 2009

Sweathearts, as much as you dislike his comments. This is a public forum, you cannot ask him to leave. The ADULT Thing to do would be to ignore him.

24th of May, 2009

i know your right brett he just urks me as far as bonnie asking him to leave she is hotheaded and goes overboard not that i don't but this is a place for people that have been through hell with dollar general and its not right for someone like him to be so immature when he has no idea what it's like to have gone through this

24th of May, 2009

Your right Brett and I'm going to do just that. Just want people to look at all these comments from everyone that has been fired ect. as they all are simular cases here can't figure out how DG can get by with this. I really believe we should all have a class action lawsuit then DG would have to take a closer look at what's going on here.

Sh
  24th of May, 2009

Unless you are in a union, you can be fired for any reason whatsoever (except race, or age). The manager could flat out tell you 'I don't like your red hair. You are fired.' And it would be absolutely legal to do so.

Sh
  24th of May, 2009

oh its bonnie, the one with the blabbermouth girlfriend who went around telling people about her sex preferences and orientations.

That was still a perfectly legal firing. Sex talk at work = no no, for gays, OR straights.

24th of May, 2009

OMG I DIDNT GET FIRED FOR BEING GAY OR TELLING ANYONE I WAS I SAID THAT IS WHEN THE PROBLEMS STARTED. I WAS FIRED FOR SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT, BUT WHATEVER YOU PEOPLE DON"T KNOW ###

24th of May, 2009

THEY DIDN"T FIRE ME FOR BEING GAY YOU ### THEY USED ANOTHER EXCUSE AND YES WE ARE HOTHEADED AND YOUR AN IDIOT

25th of May, 2009

well that is what you believe the only reason i brought my lifestyle up is because there were no problems till then was figuring this store would be like my other one and wouldn't matter but after the fact is when they started coming up with reasons to suspend me and get rid of me. you could even ask a couple of the employees i was a good manager andthey think all of it is crap my asst said i was one of the best managers that store had, there wasnt a goodreason to fire me.Don't you understand thatthis is happening everywhere and something is not right