Dollar General / wrongfully suspended

2224 N. HIGHLAND, Jackson, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 731 6680502

On 11/11/10 I was suspended wrongfully by my dm didnt tell me how long or anything I have been with dollar general for 5 year they dont support their empolee treat people like dirt they want you do do all this work and pay you pennis. I have call my dm twice to ask about my suspended she has not call me back. Didnt think she would because they never bring people back.

Comments

• Ho
      Aug 16, 2011

Have you complained to the Labor Dept. employee at your local state employment agency about your treatment? I had an employer whose HR person fired me without his permission when he was in the hospital. I went to the state employment agency and sent a letter to the unemployment appeals board explaining the circumstances of the firing and the duties I performed at the company. I asked the appeals board to okay unemployment benefits for me even though I was fired. They did.

If you have to put on an employment application for a new job that you were fired without cause from the last one, you can add statements like the one above to explain your firing.

While you seem to have a somewhat legitimate complaint, I would suggest you forget Dollar General and go back to school to learn better skills, including writing proper English, which I assume is your native language? Your writing shows limited education, and employers tend to think that if you can't express yourself properly, you are unintelligent or lower class, although that may not be the case at all.

If you need to finish high school, please do. If you need a GED, get one. If you then are ready to go to college and learn some skills that could get you a REALl career, not just a job, you can probably qualify for financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships or loans.

The most important thing, ladies of Dollar General, is not to let companies like this take advantage of you just because you are women. You are worth more than that! And never, never, never give up! If you need help to get ahead, don't be ashamed to keep asking until you get it.

God bless you.