Dollar General / overworked, underpaid and abused!
I've been working for Dollar General for nearly two years now. I've put my blood, sweat, and tears into this job (litterally). From the moment I applied for this job to the present I've been abused. It all started with my first store manager. She hired me in November of 2007 but wouldn't let me start until January of 2008. And never informed me of health benefits even when I asked. She finally told me that I was eligable for Cigna. But ofcoarse, by that time, I was no longer eligable. She had told me too late. I had to wait six months for Blue Cross Blue Shield. When I finally was eligable for that the insurance company tells me my supervisor would have to make me full time. She was no where to be found. Then she requests that I transfer with her to a Dollar General in Gallatin. I agree to it and still, she was no where to be found. I was working in a strange place with strange people and I wanted to go back but they had replaced me. Then, my manager resigns in a text message over night. I was alone. And wasn't even in the system yet.
Weeks later we finally get a new store manager. I ask her to make me full time and she does so without hesitation. I liked her. She seemed like a good person. That was until a year later (now) she has my salary at the new mininum wage (7.25) even though I've been working there for nearly two years. I'm a very valued employee. I close every single night. I am the best compared to the rest and she treats me like ###. I called her and from the moment she answered the phone she had a tone with me. I told her that I appreciated the raise (I was expecting a raise at the time) going from 7.05 to 7.25 but that only got me up to the minimum wage. I told her that I had two raises prior and was expecting another and that my salary should be around 8 dollars. She freaked and said no. She said something like the Federal Goverment won't allow her to do that and that she has no power over my salary. That was a lie right there. Every idea/ attempt to being justified here has been destroyed. I can't do anything about this so I'm complaining.
More Dollar General Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code 
- Dollar General - store hours 
- Dollar General - tired manager 
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price 
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it! 
- Dollar General - employees closing store earlier than posted time 
- Dollar General - digital coupons 
- Dollar General - how the store looks😡 
- Dollar General Store #15185 - dirty store/employees parking in what should be customer parking 
- Dollar General - kacy heath (the boss)