Dollar General / employees closing store earlier than posted time

1 East Prairie, MO, United States Review updated:

This complaint is in regards to the Dollar General Store located at 63 Prairie Drive, East Prairie, MO.
For the past month the employees have been locking the door before the scheduled and posted closing times. When something was said to the employees they said that there manager, told them to do it.
This is a huge inconvenience for myself as well as others due to the fact that this DG store is the only retail store open in town now until 10 p.m. Something needs to be done about this where they stay open the posted hours or get a manager in this store who cares about it's customers.

Ta
Nov 12, 2018

Comments

• Ka
      13th of Nov, 2018

The General Dollar Store Located @ 1051 Blue Hills Ave Bloomfield Ct On October 30th I made of purchase the total price was $ 10.48 cents I gave the associate $9 cash and to add the balance of $1 and 48 cents instead he put the entire amount on my card being the end of the month Every dime count living of S.S. which could lead to a overdraft I spoke with someone from the Corporate office on the 31st did not hear from Jason R until I made another call on November 7th still no call until November 12th Jason stating I may have dropped my money he reviewed the camera he only obesered the card transaction not the cash exchange I'm 69 yrs old have never had any issues when it was a Family Dollar store The Store Has A Thief he took my money how many other people it's called "Cuffing" I'm done shopping where I have to worry thiefs very poor management a DO calls the consumer a LIAR Sad Disgraceful

• Dg
      13th of Nov, 2018

Hi Tasha, we apologize for any inconvenience that was caused. We will address the matter with the manager to keep the store open until posted closing time.

14th of Nov, 2018

@DG Corporate Representative You may be a corporate representative and I respect what you do but it seems to me that you need to know what is going on in these stores before you try to help the customers. Just my .02¢

• Fe
      13th of Nov, 2018

Quit whining if they are closing early there is a reason

Best Best Advice +5 Votes

Maybe they have issues that's beyond their control and the manager or district manager approved the early closing.

• Fe
      14th of Nov, 2018

When they close the store and set the security alarm the time is recorded so home office knows they are doing this. If it has been going on for a month there must be an approved reason, or the store would be in trouble for the early closes.