Dollar General / crates and boxes and merchandise on the floor

1 Bunnell, FL, United States Review updated:

TodayAugust 16, 2018 I was in the Dollar GeneralStore #16582 on county Rd 305 in Bunnell fl. while shopping I had to go thru stacks of crates and boxes to get to the deoderant products. While doing this I did not see a small display rack or CDholder what ever it was lyong in my path and I tripped on it. I did break my fall so I didn't totally hit the floor. The gentleman running the register did lean over and ask if I was okay and I said yes. A few minutes later I noticed I have a cut on my arm and my arm, shoulder and hip were sore. An employee did get me first aid materials to clean the cut which I appreciated.
Now as I try to contact you I am very sore.
Why are there always so many products stacked every where in the stores.? I do not understand why thereare not night stockers to take care of this to avoid injuries. The store did not make an injury report .
The time I left there was 15:14:38

Pa
Aug 16, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      16th of Aug, 2018

seems to be a issue in other stores as well

• He
      17th of Aug, 2018

Why didn't you ask for help if things were in your way?

• Us
      19th of Aug, 2018

Because the company doesn't want to have to pay the employees to be there when the store isn't open, not to mention it's also a security risk depending on the area. The ones around my area have a few locations that are secluded/very dark at night, which would possibly leave them at risk for being jumped or robbed.
    Employees don't expect you to move the stuff, ask them and I'm sure one would certainly help you once you got a moment. Also I doubt that a cut is even worth reporting an injury report unless you're gushing blood to the point of needing to be admitted to a hospital. Like do you realize how easy it is to nick and cut yourself on stupid things on a daily basis? Plus it's still your fault to begin with as you don't mention asking an employee for help in the first place cause had they denied you assistance and then you were forced with no other option but to move it yourself then you'd have a better argument on your hands. But if you put yourself into a possibly dangerous situation then you need to accept that there are risks as a consequence.