Dishnetwork` / fraudulent charges!

Newton, MS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6014900444
Dishnetwork and their fraudulent activities must be confronted and every consumer affected by this horrific company must stand there ground and defend themselves. I have done many web searches to discover overwhelmingly that I am one and hundreds that have been defrauded by this company and I will not rest until justice prevails.

My ordeal began in November of 06 when I terminated services after many years with dish. Once I terminated services, I was told that boxes would be sent for me to return the equipment. After a month, still no boxes, so I phoned on several other occasions and the boxes were finally sent to me. I immediately wen to fed ex and returned every receiver and remote in my possession. About a month later, I received a bill for about 175.00, of which 75.00 I did owe, but, amazingly they were trying to say that I did not return one of the receivers--a lie, after I called and called and called and after them trying to say that the charge was for an outside piece on the receiver, etc., they finally agreed that i only owed 75.00-Okay-- I wanted the charge credited and a final bill sent to me. They kept giving me the run around, first they said I had to pay the whole bill and they would credit me (crazy) and so on. I got so frustrated and tired of calling till about several months later, around Oc.t of 07, I went ahead and sent a check for the 75.00 and wrote a long letter explaining what the deal was and asking for the 100 credit. Okay, I never heard anything else from them until, low and behold in November 07 I noticed a 100 deduction from dish network from my checking account-UNAUTHORIZED I MIGHT ADD-- I called and called and called restating my story each time to hear oh the check is in the mail, etc., oh the refund was rejected, etc. TO THIS DAY I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY MONEY!!! I am currently discussing the issue with state and government authorities and have contacted a lawyer as well. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE AGAINST THESE FRAUDS AND CHEATS!!! I ALSO NOTICE THAT EVERY TIME I CALL I END UP REPEATEDLY DISCUSSING MY ORDEAL---WELL ONE THING IS FOR SURE--I WILL NOT GIVE UP ! I WILL GET MY MONEY, AND ONE DAY DISH WILL HAVE TO ANTE UP TO ALL THE CONSUMERS THEY HAVE DEFRAUDED.

Comments

Ja
  6th of Feb, 2008
I have a similar problem with dish network. I was not able to pay my bill due to unfortunate circumstances. I cancelled the account, still owing a bill of 175.00. I discovered over the last 6 days 6 charges from dish network on my account.... UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. The charges are 200.00, 259.00, 61.75, 2.00, 2.00, 2.00.

I have called dish network many many times, with no results. Oh and did I mention, none of this was applied to my bill of 175.00???? Yeah, they say I still owe that. I have been trying to find a number for their corporate offices, but nobody seems to have that number, all they can give me is an address.

The CSR's are telling me that the charges are for equipment which was unreturned. Well, I was never given an opportunity to return the equipment, which I would be glad to do, but after many requests, still no box to return the equipment. They said I signed a customer agreement which authorized them to charge my debit card. I beg to differ. When the tech came out to install the equipment, he gave me a WORK ORDER to sign, said it allowed him to drill holes and hang the dish and what not. If that was their customer agreement, allowing them to charge my account?? THEY MISREPRESENTED THEMSELVES IN A CONTRACT THEN. I have filed all these charges with my bank as fraudulent charges, I have also listed my debit cards as "Hot Cars". They will not be able to take any more off my debit card. And I will continue to fight with this company until I get adequate results. Thanks for listening

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com