[Resolved] Dish Network LLC / false advertising and sales

AZ, United States Review updated:

I called Dish Network and spoke with a sales lady, at the time I was unsure if I wanted to go with satellite TV or not. After speaking with her for approx 30 mins to an hour and after she answered all my questions we decided what she was telling me was a great deal and was exactly what I wanted for my house so we set up the install. Some of the concerns address with her that day were that we have 4 tv's that we wated to watch tv on, independently of each other, she said that 3 tv's would have that capability but the 4th would mirror the other tv's. I told her that was fine we can handle that. She also told me that you can record on the three tv's and watch something else at the same time and you would be able to watch the recorded show on any of the tv's. That sounded awesome. Boy was I wrong. I should of looked at the complaints on this company before I let them come into my house and install their cable. I only found out after the tech guy had left my house that all tv's were going and when one tv tried to change the channel it turned the other tv to that station. Everything she told me was not true. I called and talked to four different people and finally got to the dispute resolutions department and spoke with a man and he basically through the contract up and said that I was locked in for the next two years and that if I wanted I could buy another Joey system for 200.00. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I will not give you another dime for your services. I am locked into a contract for the next two years and I am very angry about them lying to their customers for a sale. I had three people waiting on my install to do a contract with them. OH THAT IS NOT HAPPENING NOW. I will let everyone know what kind of business they run.

• Resolution statement

• Mark H DISH Network's Response, Apr 24, 2012

Hello madatdish,

We are sorry to hear about the problems with your DISH account setup. If you can email with your DISH account number and the receiver number on the services we will look into this to see how we may help. You may email me at mark.[protected]@dish.com.

Mark Haakenson
    Social Media Representative
    DISH LLC
    mark.[protected]@dish.com

Comments

• Te
      24th of Oct, 2010
    Dish Network LLC - Loss of Regional Sports
    Dish Network LLC
    9601 S. Meridian Blvd
    Englewood
    Colorado
    Phone: 1-800-823-4929
    dishnetwork.com

On 6/5/2010, I signed a 24-month agreement with Dish Network LLC on the assumption that they would continue providing access to my regional sports network, Fox Sports Southwest, which had been a part of Dish Network's offerings since the company started. The Fox Sports Southwest programming represents approximately 90 percent of the content that I watched on Dish. On 10/1/2010, after a disagreement with the Fox News Corporation, Dish eliminated all Fox Sports regional sports networks, including Fox Sports Southwest.

In order to get this programming back, I am forced to cancel my Dish Network subscription and switch to DirecTV or Time-Warner cable; however, Dish will not allow me to exit my contract with them without incurring the $10 a month penalty for every month I have left on the 24 month contract. Currently, this amounts to $200. This is patently unfair, since at the time I signed the contract, I had a reasonable expectation of continued access to the Fox Sport programming.

I have attempted to get Dish to waive the penalty, but so far they have not agreed.

• To
      21st of Dec, 2010

Hello, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network Customer Service. As with any company all programming is subject to change at any time. We did manage to get a fair deal with Fox (No extra cost per month) and got those channels back as of 10/31/10. Sorry for the trouble there. If you have any questions/concerns feel free to contact us via twitter @Dishnetwork or at facebook

• Th
      24th of Apr, 2012

Dish Network and DirecTV are notorious for misleading consumers and trapping them in a contract. I would file a complaint with the BBB and your state's attorney general.

25th of Apr, 2012

Thank you Thud, I am already on that. To you Mr. Mark no thank you. Dish is not willing to help me. In fact they were supposed to call me back on Monday and it is Wednesday and still have not heard from them.

• Bl
      3rd of May, 2012

You are ridiculous.

• Bl
      3rd of May, 2012

Thud is also stupid if only people listened to the disclosures and wouldd not just say yeah, uh huh during the important stuff then you wouldd not be wasting your time on this complaint board and if you madatdish wouldd not be stubborn and wouldd try to accept the help you need then you would also not have problems with your hopper and Joey mine works great and how it should

• Pa
      24th of Jun, 2012

Except he was lied to, smart one. If a HUMAN BEING hadn't told him what she did, he would not have signed up! She lied him into a contract, and all you have to say is 'listen to the disclosures'? Do they mention anything about being lied to in the disclosures? Sheesh, no wonder you like their service, you're not the brighest bulb are you?