Dish Network / Dish.com / service cut off after promising it would not happen

My monthly dish bill was due on 12/25/18. I am a united states navy veteran and my wife and I are both disabled. We are both on fixed incomes and, due to the holidays, did not have enough money this month to pay our bill. I contacted dish on 12/24/18, a day before my bill's due date, to see about the possibility of getting a payment deferral. I was told this could not be done until my payment was delinquent. I contacted dish on 12/26/18, a day after my account became delinquent, via the chat option online. I explained about my limited funds and I had a choice to buy food or pay my dish bill. I was asked when I could pay and I informed the customer service representative that I could pay when I receive my ssdi funds on 1/3/19. I was assured that this would be ok because there was a grace period and if I paid before 1/9/19 I would not be charged any late fees and my service would not be interrupted. This morning, 12/27/18, my dish service was stopped. I called dish and spoke to a customer service representative, carlos z11, and was told my service was interrupted because of my past due account. He said he could not help me even though I told him my previous chat discussion I had earlier. He said the information I was given was not correct. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there was no supervisor and he was the person who was as good as a supervisor and there was no recourse for me. I did the right thing and was told the incorrect information. I believe dish should stand by their information a service representative provides a customer. This is not very nice!

Hd
Dec 27, 2018

Comments

• Km
      27th of Dec, 2018

I believe dish network probably would stand by their word if they believed that was in fact their word. They likely think you are making it up. With today's generation it is entirely possible you were truly given incorrect information by an incompetent, since most customers service representatives don't actually know policies and procedures, but with today's generation it's also possible you made up this story. However regardless of which scenario is true ultimately the actual policy is written out and is available for any customer to view. Personally, if I were told that Dish provides an automatic grace period it wouldn't matter if the president of the company told me their was a grace period I would ask where does it say in writing I was a grace period. That way if it doesn't hold up to be true I can counter with its a written agreement, not verbal agreement.