Dish Network / Dish.com / service cut off after promising it would not happen
My monthly dish bill was due on 12/25/18. I am a united states navy veteran and my wife and I are both disabled. We are both on fixed incomes and, due to the holidays, did not have enough money this month to pay our bill. I contacted dish on 12/24/18, a day before my bill's due date, to see about the possibility of getting a payment deferral. I was told this could not be done until my payment was delinquent. I contacted dish on 12/26/18, a day after my account became delinquent, via the chat option online. I explained about my limited funds and I had a choice to buy food or pay my dish bill. I was asked when I could pay and I informed the customer service representative that I could pay when I receive my ssdi funds on 1/3/19. I was assured that this would be ok because there was a grace period and if I paid before 1/9/19 I would not be charged any late fees and my service would not be interrupted. This morning, 12/27/18, my dish service was stopped. I called dish and spoke to a customer service representative, carlos z11, and was told my service was interrupted because of my past due account. He said he could not help me even though I told him my previous chat discussion I had earlier. He said the information I was given was not correct. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there was no supervisor and he was the person who was as good as a supervisor and there was no recourse for me. I did the right thing and was told the incorrect information. I believe dish should stand by their information a service representative provides a customer. This is not very nice!
More Dish Network / Dish.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - Placing Dish on "pause" wound up costing us more.
- Dish Network / Dish.com - damages to my home 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - cbs
- Dish Network / Dish.com - hopper 3 with wireless joey
- Dish Network / Dish.com - installer fraud