Dish Network / Dish.com / hopper
Do not "upgrade" to Hopper. Major benefits of old Dish will be gone, you'll no longer be able to watch Netflix on your TV without paying, and you'll find technical support is terrible from installation to trouble-shooting. If you complain, you'll be reminded that you are trapped by the contract.
Before installation, I could be able to continue our habit of watching the downstairs tv while cooking dinner as my husband continued watching upstairs. We had to mute the sound on one tv, which was fine. We also watched Netflix on both TVs apart from Dish.
Now, what we had is gone and we can't get the old equipment back. New Dish can't display the same recorded show simultaniously and the equipment won't let us watch Netflix without having to pay an additional monthly fee. I asked for a technician to come back and fix what was broken and Dish refused.
It took weeks to troubleshoot installation problems with bad equipment and more weeks trouble-shooting the double viewing problem. It seems technicians didn't know it was not fixable. We both were home from the hospital without the new Hopper spending stressful hours trying to make things right. Dish did give us 6 weeks free time, a small compensation time spend fighting Dish and not having the service.
More Dish Network / Dish.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - unethical billing residential consumer 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - satellite reception 
- Dish.com - service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - on demand service
- Dish Network / Dish.com - 702 934-3800