Dish Network / service

1 Danbury, CT, United States Review updated:

When dish network first installed their system unknown to us the ripped out all comcast cable wire. At least once a week in the summer months it went out every time it rained. It went out one weekend no one could fix it for 6 days never got credit for loss of service. When we went to move I called to cancel. What a fiasco. Ivan was the mans name was rude first told me I needed to get the lens off the dish. My husband is disabled and the dish happens to be 2 stories up. I told him I would return box and remotes. You have to get lens off satelite dish I was told. I will be charged for this. I agreed to a one year contract. He then told me 18 months. It might be my fault for not reading contract but I was not given contract till they installed this awful system. I asked for my system to be shut off in 5 days this guy shut it off immediately. When I called back to tell them of their mistake I was told it would cost me more money to reactivate this system. I explained it was their mistake. I asked to speak to a supervisior and this person came back on the phone to tell me it would be activate at no charge. When I came home that evening we got not local channels. I called again this time it was turned back on. I think this is a crime. A consumer rip off and I will never use sattelite again. I will also tell whoever asks that Dish network has horrendous customer service. An are theives

Comments

11th of Feb, 2010

Two months ago I ordered Dish Network. I get a good picture but the sound is extremly bad... I can hear background sounds (cars, planes, etc...) but not the actors when they talk. I followed all the instructions that Dish Network customer services had me do... nothing worked. They replaced the receiver... that did not work. I was told to replace my connecting cables (at a cost of $70.00 to me for all the cables to try all the different configurations) and still no improvement. When I called Dish Network and asked to have my account waived and the equipment removed, I am told I will have to pay $300.00 for early termination... of a service I never got!!! Now I have to take MORE time off from work to wait for a Tech. to show to see if they can fix the problem. So I assume that IF the Tech. can fix this problem, that if any additional problems accure down the road, to expect to go through two months of the same BS?! I did go online this morning and told Dish Network that I gave them "Two thumbs up for quality customer screwing". DO NOT GET DISH NETWORK... IT IS A SCAM!!!

11th of Feb, 2010

I don't know if the DISH tech checked this for you, but it sounds as if you are listening to the surround channels and not the main channels.

If your home setup is one where you have two speakers and a receiver (i.e. haven't yet splurged on a 5 or 7 speaker home theater setup), try this:

Before the tech arrives, recheck your wiring on your stereo receiver to ensure that the speaker wires are properly connected. While the original tech shouldn't have touched the speaker wiring on your stereo receiver, it may been needed temporarily to plug in the cable from the DISH box to the receiver.

This is just a guess assuming you have a receiver capable of surround sound.

Good luck!

11th of Feb, 2010

Quick addendum to my comment - check to see that your speakers are properly connected to the primary left and right channels and not the "rear" or "surround" inputs.

• Da
      20th of Aug, 2010

robot phone service they pass you on to different departments never solving the complaint over 30 minutes on phone 3 different times jd powers award for service give me a break

• Th
      7th of Mar, 2011

I will never have Dish Network again and would strongly encourage everyone else to avoid them like the plague! In the 6 months I have had dish network, they have dropped channels twice and raised my bill by $12 dollars even though I signed a 2 year contract with them. Don't even get me started on the special they are running right now with the "free" starz channels. I call to complain about the increase in my bill and finally convince them to put it back to where it was and with in an hour the "free" starz channels were gone!! FREE MY ###! I wish everyone else would realize they are getting scammed by Dish. I have also been on the phone with them this evening 6 time because of a complaint and been hung up on 5 times by their "awesome" customer service jerks!! DON'T EVER SIGN UP THIS THESE LIARS!!!

• Mi
      3rd of Aug, 2011

Hey, thsmith! I'd love to assist you with this. Which specific channels did you lose and over the course of what period? Were they local channels or regular programs? As far as the increase of $12 goes, that may have happened because your promotional credits had expired, or possibly been due to a price increase. Let me know about the channels and whether you've been able to speak to someone about the billing issue and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Ne
      2nd of Dec, 2011

Being a notorious scam artist himself, Noel Christopher Turner should feel right at home with DISH (if they were indeed scamming him). Furthermore, if he was as erudite as he pretends to be, he would know that he doesn't have to pay the early termination fee, and he can recover any and all moneys he has already paid, because DISH never provided the promised service.

• Yo
      28th of Aug, 2012

Boy that is funny. When they cut all of my Suddenlink cable in my attic the Dish representative blamed the contractor that came out and installed my Dish for the cut wires. Before I had time to follow up and have Dish send someone out to fix my wires I had to leave town for work and I have not been back home to have the problem rectified. Now I see if Dish comes out to fix my severed wires Dish will charge me. When I get home I will see about having my wires fixed. If Dish wants to charge me I will get a lawyer.