Dish Network / how dish network mess you around - see actual chat transcripts

Take the time to read the following chat transcript between myself(Kamran Khan) and dish network representative(Enrique A). Basically - this transcript is a clear proof of how dish network gets unreasonable and enforces charges on you without any shame!

Taking the time to read this transcript will prepare you to deal with this con company. THEY ARE BAD!! AND ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT ANY CONSCIENCE - THEY JUST WANT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY - BEWARE!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Enrique A.
(03) Enrique A: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in HD and DVR. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
Kamran Khan: ok
(03) Enrique A: Thank you!
(03) Enrique A: Thank you for your patience.
(03) Enrique A: I am glad to hear that you want to restart your service.
Kamran Khan: did you get the box that I sent via ups?
Kamran Khan: I mean the reciever that was not working?
(03) Enrique A: Let me check with that.
Kamran Khan: ok
(03) Enrique A: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.
Kamran Khan: ok
(03) Enrique A: Thank you for your time.
(03) Enrique A: Yes, we go the receivers.
Kamran Khan: good!
Kamran Khan: now I have another problem enrique - and I would like you to help me with that
(03) Enrique A: However, without the equipment the services cannot be restarted.
(03) Enrique A: I will try my best to help you, may I know the exact problem?
Kamran Khan: good
Kamran Khan: the problem is that I am being billed for all the wrong things
Kamran Khan: I have been a dish network customer for a long time
Kamran Khan: and a couple of months back I went on vacation
(03) Enrique A: The charge for the equipment for $200.00 will be reversed.
Kamran Khan: I asked for my service to be decreased
Kamran Khan: and they did that
Kamran Khan: after I got back I got this long bill which not only has this charge that you mentioned will be reversed but other incorrect charges also
(03) Enrique A: Well, all the other charges are valid I have already checked your billing.
Kamran Khan: what are those? if I may ask you..
(03) Enrique A: You have been charged Equipment fee twice for $200.00.
Kamran Khan: why?
(03) Enrique A: The equipment fee would be reversed that would be of $400.00 with the state and local taxes.
Kamran Khan: see? that's the sort of stuff I am talking about..
Kamran Khan: there are incorrect charges..
Kamran Khan: what else?
Kamran Khan: I mean - what else you see there?
(03) Enrique A: There are no other invalid charges apart from what I mentioned above.
Kamran Khan: ok - in that case - will you be starting my service?
(03) Enrique A: Well, there is no equipment with you to restart the service.
Kamran Khan: see? that's where the confusion is
Kamran Khan: can I explain?
(03) Enrique A: Sure.
Kamran Khan: I do have the equipment - and this equipment was a replacement sent to me for faulty equipment that I returned and I was told that I will not be charged for the replacement since the equipment that I returned was faulty
Kamran Khan: so - basically I do have the equipment...
(03) Enrique A: May I know the R00 number of the receiver?
Kamran Khan: I dont have it right now with me since I am in the office
Kamran Khan: but I assure you that I do have the equipment which was sent as replacement from you and it is working fine...
(03) Enrique A: In that case I would request you to please contact us back once you get back home to help you further.
Kamran Khan: ok I can do that - now beside this equipment issue - what else? what else is the problem before my service can be started?
(03) Enrique A: That is it!
Kamran Khan: so I dont owe you guys anything - right? I mean beside resolving this equipment issue
(03) Enrique A: We will be able to help you with the exact price once you help us with the R00 number of the receiver.
Kamran Khan: what price? see? I am confused again - The reciever I have was sent as a replacement
(03) Enrique A: The receiver that was sent to you was an upgraded receiver, it was not shipped to you as the replacement for the faulty equipment.
(03) Enrique A: That is the reason you have a current balance on the account.
Kamran Khan: I never asked for any upgraded reciever - I just wanted the reciever to work
(03) Enrique A: I see that you participated in the Dishn't up promotion to get the HD Single tuner receiver.
Kamran Khan: that's all and I think it will be highly unfair to charge me for a reciever that was sent to me as replacement
(03) Enrique A: I am sorry you feel that way.
Kamran Khan: its not a matter of feeling this way enrique - I was sent faulty recievers initially and all you guys did was replaced it with a good one - which is what you should have done - and I am being charged for that?? I mean - why???
Kamran Khan: do you understand what I am saying??
(03) Enrique A: When we sent the receiver as replacement you would have sent the faulty equipment back to us.
Kamran Khan: dish network is incorrectly charging me - this is unfair - they simply replaced their faulty equipment
Kamran Khan: the faulty equipment was sent back
Kamran Khan: you just told me that you got them
Kamran Khan: so what's the confusion??
(03) Enrique A: Now, let me make this clear.
Kamran Khan: ok
Kamran Khan: are you still there?
(03) Enrique A: Initially, you were charged for two non return equipments worth for $400.00. We will reverse the charge for one equipment that we received for $200.00.
Kamran Khan: look - let me clarify - both the equipments that I sent were faulty - both of them - ok
Kamran Khan: and I sent them back
(03) Enrique A: We have received only one equipment.
Kamran Khan: man!
Kamran Khan: I just asked you if you got them both and you said yes
Kamran Khan: the second one was shipped out last week
Kamran Khan: you should have recieved it by now
(03) Enrique A: We did not receive the second receiver.
Kamran Khan: that is what I asked you first and you said yes
(03) Enrique A: You were referring to only one receiver I double checked the conversation. That is the reason I said yes.
(03) Enrique A: If you have really sent the other receiver also the other $200.00 charge will also be reversed once we get the receiver back.
(03) Enrique A: Do not worry about that. You can contact us later to check if the receiver is with us to restart the account.
(03) Enrique A: Do you have anymore questions for me?
Kamran Khan: beside the two recievers what other charges are there??
(03) Enrique A: You would need to pay approximately $150.00 to restart the account which was billed when your account was on pause.
Kamran Khan: why?
Kamran Khan: that's what I am trying to find out
Kamran Khan: why $150??
(03) Enrique A: We did not receive the payment for the bill that was generated when the services were on hold.
Kamran Khan: I paused the account to lower my monthly bill not to have it increased
Kamran Khan: the whole idea of lowering my service was to save money - not to have it increased
Kamran Khan: I dont understand>>>
(03) Enrique A: That was billed for your programming.
Kamran Khan: which programming - there was no programming during the two months
Kamran Khan: it was all on hold
Kamran Khan: ?
(03) Enrique A: Your monthly rate was for $18.33 when your services were on hold.
(03) Enrique A: If you wish you can also contact us at [protected] to know more information.
Kamran Khan: if my monthly rate was $18.33 then where does $150 come from?
Kamran Khan: that you just mentioned to me??
Kamran Khan: help me out here Enrique - you know that there's something wrong here
(03) Enrique A: If there are any wrong charges I would have reversed it.
Kamran Khan: and its unfair for me - since I have been your customer for a long time and I pay promptly each month - this is wrong my friend - this whole billing is wrong
(03) Enrique A: All the charges which are on your account are valid.
Kamran Khan: what are you talking about??
Kamran Khan: you told me right now that I owe $150
Network connection re-established.
Kamran Khan: right??
Kamran Khan: are you there?
(03) Enrique A: Yes, I am here.
Kamran Khan: ok tell me one thing
Kamran Khan: how do you justify the $150 charge?
Kamran Khan: how??
Kamran Khan: for two months $150 - how do you justify that
(03) Enrique A: The minimum payment that shows on the account to restart your service is $579.14.
(03) Enrique A: However, you sent us both the receiver and after receiving the second receiver we will reverse the $400+ taxes. In this way I gave you the approximate amount to restart the service.
Kamran Khan: first of all I never stopped my service - I am still getting it
(03) Enrique A: The account is disconnected.
Kamran Khan: secondly you are not answering my questions correctly
(03) Enrique A: I am sorry you feel that way.
Kamran Khan: you give me figures and then you do not support them at all with anything
Kamran Khan: I mean - why cant you give me breakdown of that $150 for two months??
Kamran Khan: I never stopped my service with you
Kamran Khan: I lowered it - and you said yourself that it was $18 for each month
Kamran Khan: so where do you get $150 from??
(03) Enrique A: The account was disconnected due to non payment.
Kamran Khan: what non payment??
(03) Enrique A: Did I tell you that is the final amount to pay?
Kamran Khan: I am trying to get answers from you but you are jumping around and throwing figures at me
Kamran Khan: why are you not talking straight with me - is this how you guys get trained??
Kamran Khan: service is already there!!!
Kamran Khan: why cant you understand??
Kamran Khan: I do have the service right now
Kamran Khan: its $18.80 that you mentioned
(03) Enrique A: The account which I am looking at is disconnected.
Kamran Khan: it was never disconnected
(03) Enrique A: Your services are not active.
Kamran Khan: that's wrong information you are getting about my account
Kamran Khan: that's what I am trying to tell you
Kamran Khan: somebody messed up and your computer is showing me disconnected
Kamran Khan: its not disconnected
Kamran Khan: I have the service
Kamran Khan: I never disconnected
Kamran Khan: that is exactly what I am trying to tell you
(03) Enrique A: In that case I would request you to please contact us at [protected] and speak with the account specialist as we have limitation over the chat.

Comments

20th of Apr, 2009

omg, same issue is happening with me, i called Dish due to my DVR not being able to record, after spending 30 minutes trouble shooting i asked to please get someone more experienced which after getting my DVR to work then sent me a new DVR said i was not going to be charged, now i just paid $400 for that exchanged DVR. When asked to speak to a supervisor i explained that all i wanted was for my account balance to be adjusted, the manager who's name i didnt get due to "bad phone connection" all that said was that he "apoligized for the miscommunication".

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT????????????