Dish Network / problems with dish network satellite by wildblue!

Before signing-up for Dish Network High-Speed Satellite Internet by Wild Blue, read this... Just the facts. As of March, I own a $125 dish with no service and a $1,098 bill for 18 mos of service I can't get.

On 3/30/7, I was charged $199 for Dish Network High-Speed Satellite Internet Installation, with $49.95 monthly commitment for 18 months totaling $899 contractual obligation for service, totaling $1,098.

On 4/14/7, Installation Appointment was a no-show, with no call to reschedule until after appointment expired.

On 4/20/7, Installation Appointment was a no-show, with no call. Missed 2nd day of work ($200 damages).

On 4/23/7, Installation Appointment was a no-show, with no call. Missed 3rd day of work ($200 damages).

On 4/24/7, Corporate Rep was very nice and stated she would follow-up.

On 4/25/7, Dispatch advised Installation Tech would arrive tomorrow at unknown time. I stated I was out of town but would make arrangements to have my wife remain at the house.

On 4/26/7, Installation Tech was very nice. I was charged $125 payable in his name for installation that I thought was already paid 3/30/7 (Note: The same style pole and dish was installed free by previous Dish Network TV tech). Tech stated that my lack of Internet connectivity (times-out page to page) was due to my computer's cable plug-in and advised me to purchase a wireless router to fix the problem.

On 4/30/7 I spent $85 on a wireless router and $25 on a replacement computer cable plug-in, which did not fix the problem. Still no Satellite Internet connectivity. (It should be noted ATT dial-up Internet still works fine).

On 4/30/7, I called Tech Support Rep, who was very helpful and diagnosed a bad modem (cycles 1 to 4 flashes, then repeats cycle endlessly without locking) and stated he would have his Supervisor send a replacement modem. No Supervisor follow-up occurred.

On 5/3/7, I called to be sure Dish Network's word was good and learned it was not. Customer Service was very helpful but stated my replacement modem order had been canceled. He stated he would call Installation Tech to ask him to send a replacement modem and have Supervisor follow-up. No Supervisor follow-up occurred and no modem arrived.

On 5/10/7, I called Installation Tech, who stated he would not be replacing my defective modem. He stated replacement modem had to be ordered from Customer Service.

On 5/12/7, Customer Service Rep, who was very nice but stated she had no authority to replace modem. She stated I would receive a callback from her Supervisor in 24-48 hrs. No Supervisor follow-up occurred.

On 5/14/7, Corporate Rep was advised via voice mail my modem was defective and needed replacement but no one would do it and to please help me. Voice mail not returned.

Still no Internet service. Check competitors before signing.

Comments

• Ad
      22nd of May, 2007

I install wild blue and i would guess that the satellite wasn't installed right. The modem will blink like that if it is looking for the right sat and isn't locked on. I would call wildblue not dishnetwork if you can and try to get this figured out. I would also call the guy that put it in and see if he would come back and realign the dish. Maybe he has had more experience by this time and can find the right sat. I don't know if this is the problem but i would guess it is. Wildblue is a good service if it is installed right. The problem with any sat service is the install.

Thanks,
    Adam.

• Do
      29th of May, 2007

Where do I begin? My service was installed on 5/14/07 and never got the high speed only 117 out of 512 down, and 23 out of 128 upload, I called and the tech. had me to do a speed test several times and every time it was slow, he finally told me that he could not help me and he would have another tech that would help me call me back but no one ever did. Now with no speed, I get an e-mail on my 10th day of service 4/24/07 telling me that my threshold usage was at 80% (never even heard of anything like that) still no fast speed , no call back, no e-mails answered and on the 4/27/07 I received another e-mail telling me that I have went over the limit on my so call threshold??? And that my high speed is being cut down until I get back under my threshold limit??? What speed? The speed I have never got??? They sent out installers today but they could not find a problem in the installation but did find that the problems I was having were there but they could not fix it. They didn't even know anything about a threshold limit and was very surprised when I let them read the e-mails about the usage limit. They work for dish installing these systems and they didn't even know about the limit so how was I suppose to know this? When you order this service they tell you ALWAYS on, ALWAYS fast, also I was told I had a 30 day satisfaction guarantee or I can discontinue my service but now they say that I wasn't told that but I know I WAS!!! They also told me when I ordered this service that if I wanted another computer in my home connected to buy a wireless router and the installer would set it up when they come, but the installer said I was misinformed that the routers do not work with this service and that it would cause a conflict with the signal so who right there and who's wrong after I spend $75.00 on the router??? I am having my system turned off and removed and if I am charged a cancellation fee I will not pay it, I will stand my ground, and if everyone else lets them do this to them then they deserve what they get!!!

• Da
      30th of May, 2007

Thank you folks very much for posting your misfortunes with Dish Network Satellite Internet Service. My wife and I has just about decided to get this service when I decided to look online and do a little research. Boy, am I glad I did! I just cannot believe the number of complaints, the terrible service, the ridiculous threshold limits and the rude phone conduct made by their supposedly professional service reps. We have since decided that there is no way in h*ll (excuse my language) that we are going to subscribe to this service.

David in Oklahoma City.

• Gr
      7th of Jun, 2007

Do you have service when it rains?

• Do
      26th of Aug, 2007

Hi,

I am a wild blue installer in northern michigan outside contractor, have installed over125 systems with only 3 service calls bad trias when I leave the customers home, they have my card with home phone# and cell# they call me not wildblue, I also have wildblue and have not had any problems I have the val pak and get 525kbps down load and 125 kbps upload thats running through a linksys wireless-G router with 4 computers running, if your installers are not using the wright cable swept tested to 3.3 gherts or improper fittings did not peak dish right this well slow you down not sure what states you are in but they must be in need of some good contractors.

• Ni
      27th of Sep, 2007

Wildblue is the worst company i have ever had to deal with!

It cost me $350 for the equipment just to have the internet. Although it was nothing to get it installed i was not satisfied with the installer. He had no clue what he was talking about and was no help to me at all.

I called the company numerous time in the first month because i had no speed what so ever. It would take me an 1/2 hour just to check email! They continually told me my speed was fine and then finally sent out a tech to the house and low and behold he found nothing... shocking! Not to mention that when i would call the company i would be on hold for an average of at least 1 hr!

Finally i decide to move and get regular internet and when i call to tell them i am disconnecting my internet because it sucked! They told me it would cost me another $350 to cancel it! So then when i ask what to do so i can take it with me they want to charge me another $200.... wtf when i told the customer service lady why i was canceling she said there was no reason for her to waive the cancellation fee because i did not call enough times to complain, well by golly i guess i should of glued the phone to my ear because every time i called it took 2 hours of my time... what a waste.

This company is a fortune for junk, a ripoff and they don't care! I will not pay cancellation fees and i will not pay a move fee they can kiss it!

• Za
      4th of Oct, 2007

I agree that they are horrible. at like 9pm, my highest download speeds are around 8kbps!!!! isnt that a sign that they have a problem. and of course they blame it on my computer. does anyone know how to get around this 18 month cotract???

9th of Nov, 2007

So far knock on wood, I've had no problems with dish network internet. I went thru hell with Direcway/HugesNet to the point I finally tore the HughesNet dish off my roof. I called Dish Network when I saw an ad on google, they set up an appointment for a week later, then called to move up the appointment the next day. So less than 48 hours later, they were here. A professional Dish Network installer installed it, no sub-contractor.. And YES I tried it in the rain and it worked great! I couldn't believe it!

I think it's all in the installation, when I ordered Direcway/HugesNet, a sub contractor installed it and he was in a hurry, he was here for about 3 hours (the Dish Network guy was here at least 6 hours), he used a reconditioned radio/transmitter, and then ran out. 2 years later everything went to crap..BTW Direcway/HughesNet never worked in the rain, and hardly worked when it was cloudy, even at the beginning.

So if you order Dish Network make sure you get a quality installation, I think it makes all the difference, and could be the reason it's working or not working.

You shouldn't have to pay any extras with Dish Network.

• Di
      13th of Nov, 2007

Thank you for posting this information online. Dish network tv is a rip-off and Wild Blue Satellite is beyond disgusting. Often I am downloading web pages at =<30B/s. That's Bytes, not Kilobytes. I do not recommend Dish Network or Wild Blue Satellite. However, I would highly recommend them to the losers that work for them and own them.

Have a good one!

• Ca
      11th of Dec, 2007

I too live in a rural area and had no choice but to go with Huges net. Wow no customer support unless you're full time job is a couch potato sitting on hold waiting on person in some third world country claiming to have a name like George or Sue who you certainly cannot carry on a conversation with. I cannot stay connected. Have purchased every style of router to help. I put in the service so my two teenagers could do the Florida online virtual school. what a joke. I spent over 400.00 buks install fee cannot get my money back and the more I read about other folks same problem I may likely change my Bank account as to stop the auto debts on rip the piece of $#@%&* off my property.

I hope they go busted a bunch of new world crooks!!!

• To
      15th of Dec, 2007

Wild Blue and HughesNet are BOTH GREAT services if they are installed corrrectly. The "FREE BASIC INSTALLATION" is really only good for a BRICK WALL mount. Roof mounts are BAD. Pole mounts MUST USE THE WILD BLUE POLE. It is VERY THICK AND VERY HEAVY. It is 8 FEET long, the installer should put 3 feet in the ground and use between 120 lbs and 160 lbs of concrete to secure the pole. They also must use WILD BLUE APPROVED materials for the install. I am a WILD BLUE DEALER and my company also performs contract installs for WILD BLUE. We DO NOT ALLOW substandard installs. Our customers are happy. As of this post, we have more than 400 systems installed with only 4 trouble calls (that is 1%). The installation is KEY. If these systems are not installed correctly, it will not work correctly - PERIOD. I have repaired many Wild Blue systems that were not mounted correctly. These mounts ranged from MUFFLER PIPE, FENCE POST, DISH NETWORK POLES, ETC. I have even pulled 2 WILD BLUE poles out of the ground with my BARE HANDS without digging around them (remember, the installer is REQUIRED to put 3 feet of the pole in the ground and use 120 lbs of concrete.) Wild Blue REQUIRES that the dish be pointed DIRECTLY at the satellite, improper mounts PREVENT this. MANY people do not SEE THE VALUE in the NON-STANDARD pole mount and do not understand why CUSTOM POLE MOUNT (correctly installed) charges can range from $125-150. The install is VERY IMPORTANT, HAVE IT DONE CORRECTLY. It is also important to buy the product that best fits your needs. I work for a COMPUTER STORE, not a satellite dealer. A COMPUTER STORE that SELLS INTERNET products can better advise an INTERNET customer than a SATELLITE store. Going to a SATELLITE STORE to buy internet is like going to the GROCERY store for a HAIRCUT. www.networkseast.com

• 94
      11th of Jan, 2008

So, Mr. Edwards, we shoudn't buy dish services from dishnetwork? That's ridiculous. Dishnetwork, wildblue, and the installers are ALL ripping us off, and I'm tired of it. I will find a way out...talking to my att'y monday. They have all done things to legally nullify the contract. I'll do my best to keep others from this CRIMINAL service now and in the future.

• Ce
      4th of Dec, 2008

If anyone has come here and read these complaints you should really take in concideration of the trouble they've had with Dish Network and Wildblue. I, too, are having problems with them. I've put out so much money in installing and activation plus monthly package fees that it's not funny! The Dish Network company are ripping it's customers off blind and who makes the money? They do! The high speed service sucks and that's when you can even get service. Half the time, it cuts off and the screen tells you there's no service. Good thing I still have AOL dial up to rely. People read that contract before you sign it. Please. It'll save you money before getting in too deep with these guys.

• Sh
      10th of Feb, 2009

I have had Wildblue since March of 08. I can attest to the same issues as the previous posts. I have given up attempting to resolve the isues since Wildblue cannot.
    Dish network tv has been very good. Very few issues except a HD reciever that has to be rebooted every week.
    Its Wildblue when it comes to being useless. Don't even think about this non service...it's useless.

• Sh
      10th of Feb, 2009

One additonal comment to the "dealer" who says they only have 1% trouble calls. And thats because of their excellant installationl Hogwash!a I too have the 8ft pole premium installation as this dealer says he installs without complaint. He is either out of touch or on drugs...its the same ol' wildblue failures!

• Co
      15th of Apr, 2009

I cant wait for my contract to run out I would not recamend wildblue it only works 40% and that 40% of the time it is slow Icalled dishnetwork 100 of times they keep saying I went over my down loads and up loads so they eather shut us down or slow us down I spend almost 80$ a month At first we had their lowest pachage but we hardly had any servise dishnet work said to upgrade and it would work better what a joke keep upgrading and service still s*cks The company is a scam I doonot recamend.

• Sn
      22nd of May, 2009

I HAVE HAD ALL THESE PROBLEMS MENTIONED IN THESE POSTS AND WISH I HAD FOUND THIS SITE BEFORE I GOT TRICKED BY WILDBLUE.
    SAVE YOUR MONEY BY HAVING A 2ND PHONE LINE INSTALLED AND USE DIALUP.
    THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE THEIR STORIES.

16th of Jun, 2009

We have had none of these problems with our Wild Blue nor Dish Satellite TV. So far everything has been just fine. I am on the Silver Pack (cheapest package available) and it is running fast and there haven't been any problems unless there is hard rain or winds. And in that case, within a few minutes it is up and running again. I have no complaints and I would recommend it.

12th of Aug, 2009

I have the most expensive package and earn a living online. After 2 years of moderate service, Wildblue (through dish) FAP'd me so badly it took over an hour to upload a 200K pd[censored] After numerous calls I was told I would remain slow for another 30 days. I am NOT HAPPY. They are financially hurting me and I am seriously considering a lawsuit.

• Sn
      24th of Aug, 2009

ALL THE POSTS I HAVE READ ONLINE TAKING WILDBLUE'S SIDE ARE SO EASY TO SEE THROUGH THAT IS AMAZES ME. I READ ABOUT ONE PERSON CLAIMING TO BE AN INSTALLER WHO CAUTIONED AGAINST TRYING TO REPOSITION THE DISH WITHOUT THE DEALERS HELP OR YOU COULD BURN OUT YOUR TRIA!
    THIS IS TOTAL BULL CRAP BECAUSE WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THE SAME GROUP OF KLUTZS THAT SCREWED UP THE INSTALLATION IN THE BEGINNING EVER TOUCHING IT AGAIN?
    I WAS ABLE TO GET A LITTLE BIT OF SERVICE AFTER I PURCHASED A NEW SYSTEM COMPLETE ON EBAY AND REPLACED THE MODEM.
    DURING THE MODEM REPLACEMENT, A SCREEN POPPED UP INFORMING ME THAT THE MODEM I WAS REMOVING HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN REPORTED AS HAVING BEEN SCRIAPPED OUT BY THE DEALER!
    I HAD TO REPLACE THE MODEM MYSELF BECAUSE THE DEALER NEVER ANSWERED THE FIRST CALL AND WILDBLUE NEVER ANSWERED ANY OF MY CALLS OR EMAILS EITHER. I COULD GET ON THE INTERNET ONCE IN A WHILE BY RE-BOOTING THE MODEM WHICH BECAME FROZEN AND OFTEN HAD NO LIGHTS LIT.
    AFTER LIVING WITH RE-BOOTING THEIR MODEM A DOZEN OR MORE TIMES A DAY JUST TO HAVE THE INTERNET BEFORE IT LOCKED UP, I BOUGHT MY OWN HARDWARE, NOT A SINGLE THANKS TO WILDBLUE OR DISH NETWORK OR THE CLUMSEY KLUTZ THAT DID THE INSTALL!
    AS TO THAT PERSON WHO SAID YOUR TRIA WOULD BURN ITSELF OUT IF YOU AIMED IT WRONG, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK WILDBLUE PROVIDED ANY SUCH HARDWARE THAT WAS SMART ENOUGH TO RAISE IT'S POWER IF NOT AIMED CORRECTLY? NOTHING ABOUT WILDBLUE IS THAT SMART AND IF IT WAS THEN EVERY TIME THE VIEW OF THE SATELLITE WAS BLOCKED BY THE WEATHER OR AN OBSTACLE THERE WOULD BE THOUSANDS BURN OUT EVERY DAY, WAKE UP AND JUST THINK ABOUT ANYONE WHO PRAISES WILDBLUE FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR SCAMMING US ALL!
    I TOOK THE TIME TO MONITOR MY UPLINK AND DOWNLINK DATA FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND I LEARNED THAT I WAS SENDING DATA FROM MY COMPUTER AT NORMAL RATES AND DURATION BUT WAS ONLY RECEIVING DATA FROM THE SATELLITE IN SHORT BURSTS ABOUT EVERY 5 TO 12 SECONDS. TOO BAD THEY BILL US FOR "ALWAYS ON" THIS WOULD BE A GOOD DEAL IF WE ONLY PAID FOR SERVICE WHEN THEY GAVE US SERVICE!
    I COULD WRITE MORE ON THIS SUBJECT AND I WILL IN THE FUTURE.
    JUST REMEMBER THAT I AM STILL DEPENDING ON DIALUP WHEN I HAVE TO USE THE INTERNET. I CAN NOT CANCEL MY DIALUP AND SOON I WILL ADD AN EXTRA PHONE LINE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE THEM TAKE THEIR JUNK EQUIPMENT BACK.