Dish Network - Atlanta, GA / unable to terminate service!
In november of 2006, I informed dish that I was terminating my service. I had already contracted with another company.in may of 2007, I received a statement for charges. I contacted the company, explained that I no longer had their service and was informed that I had not terminated service. I had merely put my service on vacation hold. During the initial conversation when I terminated my service, I asked the rep what I needed to do with the dish equipment and she told me that since it was mine, I could give it away if I wished. Now, I ask you. Did that sound like someone who was putting their service on vacation hold. I did not even know there was such a thing as vacation hold. So, I was told that was the information that was keyed into their system and I would be responsible for charges. I told them I would not pay for services I was not receiving and surely they could determine if a household was receiving a signal.in june, I received another bill and again contacted the company. I was told the same thing about the vacation hold and that unfortunately, the company would use that day's date as official notification that I was terminating the service and I would be responsible for all charges. I have no intention of paying these charges. I do not know why the rep entered my information as vacation hold but it is their problem. I did not ask for it and had no reason to do so. As far as I am concerned, it is a gimmick to continue assessing charges. If I had known a simple phone call was not sufficient to terminate service, I would have sent up a hot air balloon with notice.
More Dish Network - Atlanta, GA Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - Service call / upgrade
- Dish Network / Dish.com - customer service/ fraud dept
- Dish Network / Dish.com - dish unilaterally canceled my account
- Dish Network / Dish.com - not having a simple channel like nbc!
- Dish Network / Dish.com - employment and customer complaint