DirectBuy / Deceptive Advertising

Sunnyvale, TX, United States Review updated:

DirectBuy is committing fraud through deceptive advertising. Thier advertisement indicated that we were to receive a New 7” Tablet complete with Android O/S, Camera and Wifi as well as receive a $100 or $200 Restaurant Dining Card (Valid at Many Area Restaurants). On Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 3pm, we attended the 90 minute information session at the Sunnyvale showroom. After the information session was complete, we decided that becoming a member was not something that we could afford to do at the time. We informed the staff and declined the membership. We then approached the receptionist to receive our promised promotional items only to be informed that there were none available. The young lady said that a shipment was expected later on in the week. We were told that our name would be placed on one of the tablets and that we would receive a call to let us know when we could come pick it up. After repeated calls to the showroom, as of today, we have not received our promised promotional item. We’ve only received the “run-around”. Thier advertisement baits in customers with the promise of a receiving an item. Yet, it does not state that the product is in limited supply. Therefore, they are violating the law.

Sl

Comments

• Ev
      13th of Jun, 2012

I also went to a seminar for 90 minuites and offer a tablet with camera and wifi, and 100 gift certificate for dinning they gave me the certificate which I had to enter in the computer to get voucher. But I went to get the tablet and they told be it was in back order. I just went to this seminar on June the 10 at 2:00 in New york, Queens Blvd. They said people that are in the waiting list are waiting since march. Now if that doesn't sound like a scam to you, what else.I declinded the membership because I could not afford the down payment at this time. I also felt like I was being pressure and I don't do well underpressure. My husband didn't feel comfortable and he started to sweat and he just wanted to leave. I just wonder did the people that join, did they had the Tablet there for them.??

My name is Evelyn and the more I read the more I think I made the right decission. I should have reserarch DirectBuy before I agree to go to this seminar...

• Sl
      23rd of Jul, 2012

now they are sending the offers out in Florida received on 7/23/2012 same offer. I knew it was a fraud... I am sending mine to the Florida Attorney General's Office.

• Cs
      18th of May, 2013

The same exact thing happened to us today.