DirectBuyaggressive client recruiting and sudden store closure

H

After a very convincing sales speech at one of the exclusive scheduled personalized visits to the show room my wife and I decided to join the club mainly because we just moved to the city and were planning to spend some time and money on furniture and home remodeling. The store asked for contact information of friends and during the following 30 days the manager of the store was harassing my friends with one or two calls a day to engage them into the club. To our surprise and the surprise of the employees of the store 35 days after we joined the club they closed the doors. One day they sent an email stating that they were sorry for the inconvenience and the same day I went to the store to talk to the manager and was nothing but an empty warehouse. I have not bought anything yet. I had spent about $700 dollars till that day and now the reasons why I signed up were all gone. 5K membership for a poor online store is quite expensive. The only reason to sign up for DirectBuy is to be able to go to the club and get designers advice as well as look at the many catalogs they have onsite (compared to the poor selections they have online).
The owner and the managers did not answer any of my emails. Some of the employees I kept in touch were extremely surprised about the sudden closure of the store with no notice. I was working with one designer on window treatments and everything got lost. When I called the Central Office to see if I could cancelled the membership they told me that I signed a contract with that particular club and not with DirectBuy so they could not help me. Obviously the membership was financed by another company who will not refund the money. My lawyer is looking at the specifics but I am not very optimistic. Maybe I should give away my username and password so many more people can enjoy the prices with "no markups" advertise on the initial speech. Will see what happens. The closest club is just 400 miles away now. Not happy with DIrectBuy at all. is a fishy business. I should have done some research before joining.