DirectBuybeware

Beware!! Direct Buy did not want my business. I'm a home owner doing a major remodel. I wanted to attend there seminar in Myrtle Beach and bring my neighbour (who is also doing a major remodel) they did not want him and I to attend. They insisted I bring my wife or significant other. Its clear to me they are trying to sell you on a time share or cruise package as a bonus. Just a bunch of crap! I have money to spend on high end kitchen and appliances, They can kiss my butt! Do not do business with these creeps.

Comments

•   May 14, 2008
    DirectBuy - They're ripping us off
    www.directbuy.com

Is there anyone out there that has ever gotten out of this contract with this unethical company? Sadly, we went to an open house on Saturday, May 10th and, of course, was pressured by the notion that we'd never have this "money-saving" opportunity again. Unfortunately, I didn't see this complaint site before we foolishly signed on the dotted line at the Richmond store 2 days ago.

When I talked to the manager today to tell him I changed my mind, he was actually rude and pretty much said, "Too bad." Help! Is there anything we can do?

•   Jun 19, 2008
    DirectBuy - I just feel they scam real well
    www.directbuy.com

This direct buy has bothered me from the very beginning. From the start I have to blame myself or better yet to go along with my wife and sign up. Know its been 25 months of payment. They don't tell in the t v commercial that it’s going to cost you $4490 to join. Then when my wife has here eye on a Weber grill, we buy it, they have the basic charge plus shipping and a handling fee. When I checked with ace hardware and Costco it would have been cheaper. If there would be a class action suite I would jump right in.

• Ka
      Jul 09, 2008
    DirectBuy - Don't buy it
    www.directbuy.com

We went to the "free trial" only to be suckered into the "timeshare style" sale. It all sounded OK and as they show ads for common products like golf clubs, flat screens, furniture, etc. We're thinking, this sounds pretty good. Then we do the tour... still looking good. They even have a website so we can shop from the convenience of our own homes! Then comes the "close" and it's NOW OR NEVER. If you don't want to buy, no pressure but you walk out that door and it will be closed to you for the rest of your like! We're thinking "gosh, we're going to landscape, we're going to buy new furniture, eventually we'll build a new home, and this could save us a fortune. If we walk out now, we will regret it." So like a couple of gullible idiots, we sign on the dotted line and $5000 later we are out the door talking about all the stuff we can buy.

Well what they don't tell you is that there are HUGE shipping and handling fees on MOST items, it's VERY HARD or even impossible sometimes to return items (so you buy a sofa, it's uncomfortable, you paid "cost but also $100 to get it shipped and now you are stuck with it). There is NO WAY out of the contract once you sign. No money back guarantee even though they totally mislead you about what you are buying into and all the $$$ you can save. Granted you can save some but you have to spend $5000 to save it so it's like buying something on sale that you don't need or want and then trying to convince yourself that you came out ahead!

Anyway so 8 months and 8 payments later we FINALLY got around to the orientation. It sounded pretty OK again but then we went in to do our first round of investigating deals. The price lists don't match the catalog items, the appliances seem to be equal to the sale prices I have seen. It was *** trying to find prices on furniture. You look at the picture, then you have to scour the price lists which are all out or order to find the price, but then you realize the price list is current but the catalog is 1-2 years old and the products aren't even the same. The staff offers to "call the company tomorrow" to get the pricing. It seems to me they purposely make it VERY difficult to find and buy products so that you WON'T end up using the membership and they just take your "membership fee" and run.

Oh and did I mention their website? Yeah, it is so slow, impossible to navigate efficiently and when I tried to look up equivalent items on normal retail sites, the items offered at DB could not be found. The same brands were found and their list prices weren't much higher than DBs "wholesale" (supposedly) prices. They "require" members to NOT tell local retailers "I can get this at DB for $____" in order to protect their relationships with all these companies. What a crock! They know if I go to Home Depot and tell them I can get a fridge at DB for $300 less, Home Depot will probably work some kind of deal for me.

I tried to keep an open mind, but every time I have tried to use DB I feel scammed and pissed off and ripped off. We are stuck with it now so we will try to find value and use it. My advice---STAY AWAY---STAY FAR FAR AWAY! You can get great deals and "try before you buy" if you just put a little effort into internet research and check out sales with local retailers.

If you are already a member, the best way to use this would be to find what you like locally and then try to get it through DB but only if DB is cheaper. Also, I would not hesitate to tell a local retailer that I can get a product at cost and see what they can do. It might save me $100 or more in shipping.

I'm with the other guy---if there was a class action suit, I too would jump on board (there is one in California but I am in NM). I am not the kind of person who would ever sue but I this case, I would do it just to draw attention to the kind of scam DB is running. It's borderline corrupt and unethical but I obviously they have been squeaking by somehow.

• Me
      Jul 17, 2008

You legally have 3 business days to submit cancellation after signing contract which is written in contract. The owner cannot deny you refund if you have submitted request for refund within that time period. You listed that you requested cancellation within two days.

•   Aug 31, 2008
    DirectBuy - Dishonest marketing strategy
    directbuy.com

I signed up with direct buy two years ago when I had just purchased my home. I joined on the pretext I would have been getting all these low prices for such great products. To date I am yet to purchase a single item of their over priced items which is more expensive than if purchased outside. Every item I tried to purchase is so expensive and has some extended delivery dates. I have stuck with paying Direct Buy the large signing fee of over six thousand dollars. This is like stealing from unsuspecting consumers. Very unethical should be investigated.

•   Sep 02, 2008
    DirectBuy - Don't do it
    directbuy.com

Save your money! How they're allowed to stay in business is also a crime. In order to save any money do not under any circumstances join! They take away all your rights in the contract so the only way to find out if you can save is to be duped. They know they're a rip off which is why in their contract they say you can't sue them. I pray there is a class action suit! After joining, there is no money left for an attorney. Count me in if someone does have enough money left to file criminal and consumer fraud charges!

•   Oct 07, 2008
    DirectBuy - Unauthorized charges
    directbuy.com

Wrote to the corp office of DirectBuy explaining my situation of finacial crisis and also that there are plenty of places around to find cheaper products without having to pay $6400 for a membership. They said' too bad'' you had 3 days to cancel in which 2 days they were not open and no direct number to call to the head office. They took my $450 out of my credit card even though I asked the bank to put a freeze on the transaction.

I have not sent any more $$ in, and DirectBuy threatens that by not paying it will 'harm' my credit. What does that mean? Garnish my wages? I just don't have the $6400 to spend on this ridiculous membership!! When my family is in danger og losing their home, utilities shut off, no food or gas money to get to work. Please someone HELP me get out from under DirctBuy!!!

Jan 27, 2009
    DirectBuy - Misleading/Hard Sell
    Direct Buy

I'm a former DBer. The 'High Pressure/Hard Sell B/S' at DB starts at Corporate with it's Franchisees, who trickle it down to their Centers.

Corporate likes to feed it's Franchisees with the thought that they're 'helping families to a better life style', when in fact they are putting them through a maze of burning hoops, to justifying the enormous amount of money they've charged them. The Franchisees assume that they're getting the best Boot Camp Training, since their life is made a living hell. Unfortunately 'The Originals' who made their money 'back in the day' and created this Company, never had any Business Training or any previous success at anything for that matter. They bought into the top of the pyramid. They remain stuck in 1980 mentality and still take money out of Franchisees pockets as 'Consultants'. Unfortunately, most of them don't fit a Mentor role, and are far beyond the age where their counsel is worth anything. That being said, when DB was sold last year, all remained on board Part Time, training and developing new Franchisee hopefuls, in the school of 'back in the day'. The big winner at DB continues to be it's original owner, who in spite of his years figured out how long this type of business model would last before it would implode. He sold it for millions of dollars to a private investment firm in 2017.

The DB 'Now or Never' buying system would continue to work if it were still 1980, but Consumers are much more savvy these days. The laws are tightening, as the Federal Class Action suit filed against DB in Connecticut will attest to.

Unfortunately for DB, I have to agree with the Consumer. In these uncertain economic times, a Consumer really has to think about a Membership before parting with that kind of money up front. In these hard times, DB has lost a significant amount of Manufacturers in 2017 alone. Who can predict how many will be left by the end of the year, and with such negative publicity, how can they attract new ones.

Directbuy continues to mislead the Public with fictitious websites attesting to how fabulous they are. In Directbuy's efforts to suppress all the negative Complaints on the Internet, they have hired 2 different Companies to create websites such as 'The Truth about Directbuy. com", in an effort to establish an algorithm that will put true complaints on Page 2, rather than Page 1. They're banking, or should I say hoping, that Consumers won't read beyond the first page of the Search. These 2 Companies specialize in surpressing bad internet reviews, and actually create blogs to throw Consumers a curve ball. Most recently in an extreme effort to suppress Infomercialscams.com, the number 1 complaint site, DB has bought them out and forced them to remove the record number of complaints listed there.

In regard to the 9% handling fee, Guests were told that "They always paid that in retail. DB is just up front about itemizing your costs." Directbuy misleads Guests into believing that they make "No money off the merchandise". The Class Action suit is going to expose the truth about the Handling Fee, as well as the rebates that have been kept. In a statement issued from DB, "The rebates went to benefit our Members".

If you want out of your contract, there are 2 ways:
    1) Hire an Attorney to write a letter for you. DB is afraid of lawsuits.
    2) File a Complaint with The Attorney General's office in your state. The AG keeps a log on complaints, and will begin an investigation if there are too many.

DB worked in the 70's when buying co-ops were 'all the rage'. Consumers have more options than ever before, and those who have the good fortune to make major purchases, can get a better deal than DB can offer.

Employees at my Center were over worked on the Service side, and on the Sales side pressured and even emotionally abused, before realizing that they had committed career suicide. They have however, the luxury of leaving and going on to a more honest environment.

To quote John Irving..."It's a good job to lose".

• Wi
      Feb 01, 2009

Directbuy is ruthless and should be shut down. They have pulled some deceitful moves on highly-ranked employees, including firing a woman of 5 years when she became pregnant. Franchise owner told her to go work for another location (an hour away), when she tried, she was prevented from working there because he refused to sign a release letter for employment.

DirectBuy used to cost $1290 to join it is now close to $6K now.. and this money goes intot he pockets of the franchise owners who are deceitful as the day is long.

Shut them down. I would sign up for a class action lawsuit in a heartbeat.

count me in!

• Vi
      Feb 04, 2009

Direct Buy got us also. We were just really going to look. We got suckered into it. We just thought we were going to find out about the furniture part. The sales guy put our stuff on the table and walked away saying, oh you can't get out of the contract, you have to keep it for life. We were under the impression that we had no recourse. My attorney did not even tell me about the 3 day process and I had been in contact w/Direct Buy ever since. They do not want to give you your money back after they scam you. They are bad news. More stuff they did during the presentation that made me feel kind of awkward, but I had buyer's remorse later afterwards. The lady of the company that works in accounting even told me that I did not have to become a member that day, but that I would have been invited back in 2 weeks or within 7 years. But at the presentation, they tell you NEVER will you be invited back. She also told me her salespeople are not deceptive. I guess not to her because she works there. I am going through their so called "legal department" to get my money back. Can you believe that they have a legal department as scandalous as they are as a company. We did this transaction the day after Christmas and now I have not seen one commercial for them in the year of 2017 thus far. They are robbers and cheaters. Eventually, God will deal with them. He already sent a minor earthquake their way this past Monday night, February 2, 2017 in Randolph, NJ.

I am also upset because we were so taken by these con artists. My husband had to go out of town to find work because there was none where we live. We have been struggling to make ends meet spending money in different states being apart. They don't care. Oh, and she tried to offer giving me half of my money back. She said she could give me like $2800.00, then I called back wanting all my money back. That is like just taking money for over a year and not being able to even use the service. They are so wrong. Jesus is my Savior, God is My Daddy and The Holy Spirit will drive them out of business. You cannot play with God's Property and get away with it.

Do not be scammed. That is why they won't answer any questions over the phone. They try to sucker everyone. I mentioned to the accounting lady that I don't have bedroom furniture, ( I don't even have a headboard to my bed). She did not care. She has her cut of the money. I told her I have thrift store furniture and that my husband had only worked maybe about a week by the time I was trying to resolve things with her. She didn't care about that either. She tells me the sales guy would not lie to me. I don't know what we were thinking. We rent a rowhouse. She thought I was lying about everything. Don't have to. But DirectBuy will surely go down eventually before it is all over.

Feb 11, 2009
    DirectBuy - Fraudulent company
    directbuy.com

We are doing some remolding on our townhouse and seeing all the advertisements from these frauds; we thought that we would check them out (well I did, the wife was suspicious to begin with). First they hound you with emails and phone calls to not forget your appointment time and remember both you and your spouse have to be there (like were little children).

We arrived on time (both of us) and as with almost everyone else that has listed here, we were grouped into a room and watched more infomercials (boring) with the pitchman coming in on queue to run some more of his tactics and refusing to answer any questions until the end of the pitch. Finally was informed that the membership price would be $6, 435 for the first 2 years and then $198 per year for the next 8 years...oh and did I mention that if we didn't sign that day we would not be allowed to be a member EVER...

Then we were headed out for the BIG tour...where he basically read the headers on the wall where all the catalogs were and then stopped and showed how much we could save on a $100, 000 kitchen upgrade by using them as opposed to using a (in his words) 'discount box store'.

Then came the time to be reunited with our salesman who tried to reiterate the selling points that the group pitchman made (still at this time would not discuss membership payment options). Then the time came and we could pay as low as $990 up front (right then) and $271 a month for the next 24 months and then just $198 a month thereafter for the following 8 years.

I'm not somebody that just jumps up and writes thousand dollar checks on a whim, so after he asked me three or four times and I reiterated that I would need time to mull this over, he kept looking at my wife (like she was going to jump up and make me sign). Finally I told him just forget it and when we got up to leave he acted as though we were trying to steal those paper name tags (like these were the whole reason I drove 30 miles). The look on his face was priceless;

I'm a salesman myself and would never ever work for a company as unscrupulous as these guys.

Stay away from any company that tries these types of pressure tactics.

May 19, 2009

DirectBuy is a nightmare & scam.
    Help spread the word...
    A Federal Class Action lawsuit against DirectBuy has been filed by Izard Nobel LLP. Contact information is as follows
    toll free phone# - [protected]
    Please contact them so justice may prevail & we can get our hard earned money aka "membership fees" back.

May 19, 2009

I hope you can get involved & help get DirectBuy shut down once and for good. It makes my blood boil evertime I see a commercial with perky people talking about how much money they saved.
    DirectBuy is a nightmare & scam!
    Help spread the word...

May 19, 2009

I agree that DirectBuy is a nightmare & scam!
    Help spread the word & get involved...

May 19, 2009

We want our money back, too. DirectBuy cheated us and didn't deliver what they had advertised on t.v.
    DirectBuy is a nightmare & scam.
    Help spread the word & get involved...

• Pi
      Jun 20, 2009
    DirectBuy - No service
    DirectBuy/Sterling and King

I been paying my membership fee to a debt collection agency by the name of Sterling and King, INC A Debt Collection Agency out of Fern Park, Florida neither company won't return calls we have made. We been making payments on this ripoff plan every month and no response from them. I can't use the membership because my membership expired and they are still taking my money. I knew from the start it was a bad idea but hey they talk real nice when they want something from you. I am complaining about what they are doing with the money I am sending to this agency and why they haven't call or sent me any mail about this mess they got going on. I can't buy anything, it won't let me login or anything.

Jun 23, 2009

I don't blame you for being upset. It's been almost 2-1/2 years and we're still steamed everytime we see a DirectBuy commercial on tv. From what I've heard the collection agencies DirectBuy uses are just as crooked as they are. Try to contact one of the class action law firms listed on this complaint board & try to get added to the lawsuit. You don't have to pay the attorneys anything as they get paid out of the settlement. Keep all of your paperwork & hopefully one of these cases will be judged in our favor soon. It sucks to pay for something you never and cannot use. Yep, I know it's like flusing money down the toilet. That's how we feel. I believe DB will get theirs in the end and we'll laugh all the way to the bank!

• Ko
      Aug 30, 2009

I just got scammed too. After seeing some of their junk that come as junk mail, I was excited and called them to reserve a free visitor's pass. Soon they were calling me left and right and I and my son went over their depot at Stoneham, Massachusetts. We got a nice warm reception upon entering, that was well planned to suit their aim. We were quickly treated to coffee, tea or water and quickly proceed to watch video in a video room. After we watched thru the video the presenter continued to ellaborate on how much we could save by buying thru them using some samples that she had posted on a bulletin board in front of us. On these samples there were two stcky note pads one for the retailer and one of directbuy. the retailer note had its high price and the directbuy one had their own that had a lower prize and of course the so called savings. After that we again watched a video of satisfied customers who claimed they saved thousands of money thru dbuy. Amazing!!! I thought but at some point I interjected "too good to be true" and she looked at me with a sneer and ignored what I said and kept on.
    at the end were all polotely asked to come out in some open space where there were other folks browsing in catalogues. I guess they were already members. Here from nowhere a sales person appeared and led us to a small round table to explain to me and my son twhat membership was all about ready with paperwork. I had been kind of convinced that this was going to be a good deal since I had a project to start soon that involed building fence, buying appliances, and kitchen remodeling. I did not think so much of any possibilty of scamming.
    We went thru signing the contract and the finacing part of it that would eventually cost me $6303.20, a whooping figure!! I thought later.
    I got home to do some search on disatisfied customers from dbuy and lo!! there were so many things that I learned and the only thing I thought was to cancel the whole damn thing. I found out that I had three days to cancel here in Massachusetts and I ended up cancelling it on 8/29/09 on a saturday afternoon. Mark that I signed the initial membership agreemnet on thursday 8/27/09.
    When I got home I noticed that he had dated the cancellation to 8/27/2017, of which him and I signed. His name is not spelled out. He just signed some whacky signature that is not legible as opposed to mine that has my names and the signature underneath like when you sign at the bank. At some point I asked him where the clause of 7 years period before I could ever think of going back to them. He said it is not on the paper but it is 7 years, if I wanted to enrol with them. i have the cancellation agrement and the most important thing is that refund. I am hoping that the agreeement is honest so I can get my refund back within the 7 days as stated. Other wise I might be headed to a legal action soon.

I just learned that anyone who has had this kind of scam can contact athe following law firm: Craig Mattews associates at ctmlaw.com or call [protected]. They have sued directbuy before in the states of Ohio and Indiana.
    Hopefully my experience will be shared amongst everone who has been sacmmed by Dbuy

Hellen
    I lready gave them the downpayment on the finacing of $590.

• Jt
      Sep 28, 2009

Direct Buy did the same thing to my husband and I. They are no more than con artists hiding behind a corporation.

Oct 16, 2009

Thanks for helping to warn people. Together, we can make a difference and keep people from being scammed!

Oct 24, 2009

go to the bbb and the ag. attorney general. they will refund you in FULL before they have more ag or bad bbb. do it today. it could be a year old and they will still do it.

Oct 24, 2009

Wow. I was just pissed off at Brent Gilligan in the Chicago North location. This short fat man must be from the same thread. I bet his mom and dad are just as weak as to teach this little man that is it okay to treat people like this. I would not dought if he was talked down to and be-littled... his whole life by his father and maybe mother. that is how these people get like this. I know because I work with them all the time.

Oct 24, 2009

i think they teach this ### to each other. these are not the 70s anymore.

Brant Gilligan took us on a 3 hour "tour" he starts out by saying his part only takes about 45 mins more like 75. then he hounds us jumping from one table to another looking for any signs of interest. none. we left last an no one joined. well he did get a poorer looking family to pay 20 down today on 390 down contract for a "silver" membership. basiclly ripping them off and shaking their hand saying welcome aboard. this is not a ship you fat short man. aboard what. the rip off train. wow. i felt bad for them. my wife wanted to tell them not to but they will find out later. if they cannot come up with 6500 for the membership how can they buy anything they need muchless want.

sad day

they and you should: File a Complaint with The Attorney General's office in your state. The AG keeps a log on complaints, and will begin an investigation if there are too many.

• Li
      Apr 07, 2010

Been a (so called) for a little over a year. Never used their services as we found items we were interested in cheaper than they advertised. I started questioning the finance company that was sending me a bill. When we signed up for membership, there was no mention of a finance company, with high interest rates. I asked to be released from membership because of financial difficulties, these ### just said "NO, you signed a contract and we are not letting you out of it." Calling Direct Buy directly, only resulted in an arguement with the rep.
    Please, what is the class action sites so I can be a part of it? I stopped authorizing payment, because they were rude and uncompromising. I'm loosing over $ 1, 000.00, I'm not asking for any refund, I just want out

Apr 07, 2010

I feel your pain. However, would caution against not paying the finance company as your credit may be ruined in the process and negatively affect your future. Here is the list of the class action lawsuits. You'll have to contact these law firms individually to see if you qualify to be added to their particular class:

Craig Matthews, Esq.

Irwin B. Levin, Attorney at Law
    email: [protected]@cohenandmalad.com
    phone: [protected]
    voicemail [protected], voice mail

A complaint has also been filed as a class action on behalf of all persons in the United States who joined DirectBuy on or after October 29, 2017. However, no class has yet been certified, and there can be no guarantee that a class will be certified.
    If you have any questions about this action, you may contact Andrei Rado or Stephanie Hatzakos at:
    Milberg LLP
    One Pennsylvania Plaza, 49th Fl.
    New York, NY [protected]
    Phone number: [protected]
    Email: [protected]@milberg.com

Also, there's another complaint website with a large thread of us who are angry with the DirectBuy scam:

There's a lady named Trudy who is helping people get their money back. She is not an attorney, however, has helped several people through the process. Good luck to you.

• Pr
      May 14, 2010
    DirectBuy - We are very sorry we ever joined them
    directbuy.com

Unless you are doing a HUGE reno in your house, well it's just no worth it! We are coming up on our 10 year mark, and well, we have not now buy back in if we wish to stay on!!! Of coarse it's at a reduced rate of $2614.50, it is originally $5999.00 at present, and the new annual fee after the initial 3 years went from $170 to $299!! This is insane, outrageous!! We saw it as a "lifetime" investment, but that is NOT the case!! You can really only save if you do major reno's, not buying the everyday or household items. We are VERY sorry we ever joined now!!!

May 21, 2010

Actually, we did do a huge reno on our home and still NEVER found anything cheaper using our DirectBuy membership. It's a ripoff and a scam. I hope people do their homework before going to DB's open house. That would have saved us a few hours, lots of headaches and $6000.00 I will always check before going anyplace going forward.

Jun 10, 2010
    DirectBuy - I could not recommend Direct Buy at all, and would suggest people not waste their money
    directbuy.com

We joined Best Buy Austin, Texas just on one year ago, and have had more than a disappointing experience. They outright Lie. Our mistake for not verifying their info better. We were installing a pool, suppoMembersedly we would more than get our membership cost back by going through them. Not true. The pool company they recommended we go through - that they had the relationship with - did not perform, could not provide references when asked, design was poor and did not reflect multiple attempts by us at explaining what we wanted (including providing our own drawing), and they were not cheaper than other companies. They also were not responsive, just like Direct Buy. We got a better product at a better price with higher quality products used from a different vendor. WE have rental property (main reason for joining them, and have attempted twice now to use their services in replacing appliances and in performing renovations, we could not save a dollar by using them. We wanted stone for our home and they were not cheaper than what I found on my own (identical product). On top of that the wait for product was too long. I have attempted to use their contractors and they were not cheaper nor were the people they recommended certified or licensed in their respective disciplines. Next, when I joined I asked very specifically including pointing out what I wanted to them visually "was that type of product available" as I wanted three of them, expensive item, and yes it was. A lie, in the end the products were not available. They also said their membership was tax deductable, and guess what, it is not - per H&R block. When I attempted to talk with the owner he was rude, and abrupt and surly. There was no service. We have purchased one item via them, We did save on it, however it was much later in delivery than they said, and the four wheels on the item all broke within weeks of its arrival. I continue to try to use them as I would like to think that we could eventually recoup our cost however I have been unable to find what I wanted cheaper. The last item was tile for a renovation, DalTile, I bought it cheaper from a retailer. I could not recommend Direct Buy at all, and would suggest people not waste their money.

• El
      Apr 13, 2011
    DirectBuy - Money scam
    Chicago
    Illinois

I feel so stupid! I can't believe that I fell for their crap! Especially now since money is tight. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and save yourself from everything I've just gone through! STAY AWAY FROM THESE ABUSIVE MONEY SUCKERS! It's not worth it! You end up losing a LOT more in the long run. And when you try to cancel the membership, THE WAR BEGINS.

Apr 18, 2011

ElzaS,
    Good afternoon. We want to apologize that you are not satisfied with your DirectBuy membership. If you can provide any additional information (place of membership, questions about the buying process, what has made you unhappy about your membership) we can try to help you out.

If not, you can always contact our Member Services department by logging into your DirectBuy account and selecting “Contact Us” at the bottom of the page. They can also respond to any of your concerns.

Thanks,

• Bc
      Jul 19, 2011

Hello my name is Susan and I work with BCA Recovery, a private dispute analyst company and we are here to answer any questions you may have about the process. We do not need any personal information to get started. We have a 95% success rate and will also recover any interest you might have paid on the particular charge in question…. with NO UPFRONT FEES or SIGNED CONTRACTS. Please feel free to give us a call at [protected] Ext. 401 or Ext. 411 – Email

• Sm
      Oct 07, 2011
    DirectBuy - Horrible Service
    DirectBuy

DirectBuy will not received any of my business. They were pushy on the phone and stated that you must hire a babysitter for your children as they are not allowed.

Additionally, they lied and said my husband had scheduled an appointment for an open house and wanted to confirm our schedule time and confirm we had a babysitter.

Also, if you show up with your children, they turn you away at the door.

• He
      Oct 07, 2011

not every company has to allow children...they don't allow childrn for a reason...kids can be brats

Dec 12, 2011
    DirectBuy - Overcharging customers
    DirectBuy

The DirectBuy center in Hunt Valley Maryland closed, so I was supposed to convert over to the Columbia center.
    I had an outstanding order that I had done on the website. I was told that when my order arrived it would go to the Direct Buy Columbia store instead. It supposedly went to the Columbia store but was broken and then returned to the vendor.
    I also payed the Columbia store $75 for delivery. This was in addition to the $85 that was spent online for delivery to the store. In total I have paid $566.62 for a dresser which I could have bought in a local store for $300-400.
    I HAVE YET TO GET A DRESSER or A REFUND. The order was made in May. It is now December.