Direct TV / going down the tubes
Being in the middle of a cross-country move, I suspended my DirecTV service for six months until I could purchase a new residence. And this is where we begin our story...
1. I called DirecTV to extend my suspension for one more month (construction delays) and they claimed that they could not do so because I'd already been billed for July.
*Already been billed for service that I'm not using and there is no way to remove the charge?
2. After a lengthy complaint call, they assured me that the "tricked" the system and I would not be billed for July.
3. During the month of July, their automated tele-marketing system started calling me 2-3 times per day. When I answer, there is no recording on the other end... nothing but silence.
* When I complained about this, they informed me that it would take 2-3 weeks to be removed from the call list.
4. When I logged into my account at the beginning of August, I noticed that there was an outstanding balance. Upon inquiry, I was told that this was leftover from July billing when I had canceled my account?
* Canceled my account? I haven't canceled and I was told that my suspension would be extended without charge! When I tried to inform them of this, my reply to their email bounced back undelivered. So, I sent an email through their site.
5. I was also informed that I had incurred another charge for the MLB season package, which I'm positive that I had set not to renew. And it was specifically stated that this charge could not be removed.
* I repeat, I'm not currently using any DirecTV service anywhere as I wait for my condo to be constructed. A few years ago, I made the mistake of forgetting to turn off auto-renew and they had no problem removing the charge.
They now say that they will have a "specialist" call me. What kind of specialist might this be, Sylvester Stallone? Basically, DirecTV has a choice. They can continue their inflexibility, bilk these $80 from me OR they can remove the charges and I'll continue my service, which is around $140/month.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - new genie software a mess
- DirecTV - rewards card
- DirecTV - cancellation of service 
- DirecTV - unethical behavior
- DirecTV - Directv overcharge