Direct TV / directv does not honor rebate sales promise
Subscribed to Direct TV about a month ago. Was told over the phone that the Family plan would cost $29.99/month with $100 cash back and that I would get $10 credit per month for the next 10 month. Also subscribed for Three channels of Premium Mandarin channels for an additional $15.99/month.
Was told that my total charges excluding taxes would be $19.99 + $15.99 = $35.98 / month for the first 10 month and $29.99 + $15.99 = $45.98 thereafter.
Guess what - got my first bill recently and noted the charges to be $29.99 + $15.99 = $45.98 + tax with "No Rebates"! Call DirecTV customer service and after a prolonged wait I finally get to speak to a service representative. They checked my account and told me that there are no records for the $10 credit for the next 10 month offer and that there is nothing they could do. Asked to speak to a customer service manager but was put on hold for over 15 minutes which I eventually hung up.
If I have to do this again, I would not want to deal with DirecTV. Does not deliver on sales promise and a customer service that sucks. But boy am I stuck with DirecTV or risk paying for the hefty early termination fees!
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirecTV - The renewed Contract 
- DirecTV - Every thing they cannot even keep a name on file that they have been dealing with 
- DirecTV - return of equipment
- DirecTV - customer service/new service 
- DirecTV AT&T Services - tech / installation