Direct TV / directv does not honor rebate sales promise

Subscribed to Direct TV about a month ago. Was told over the phone that the Family plan would cost $29.99/month with $100 cash back and that I would get $10 credit per month for the next 10 month. Also subscribed for Three channels of Premium Mandarin channels for an additional $15.99/month.

Was told that my total charges excluding taxes would be $19.99 + $15.99 = $35.98 / month for the first 10 month and $29.99 + $15.99 = $45.98 thereafter.

Guess what - got my first bill recently and noted the charges to be $29.99 + $15.99 = $45.98 + tax with "No Rebates"! Call DirecTV customer service and after a prolonged wait I finally get to speak to a service representative. They checked my account and told me that there are no records for the $10 credit for the next 10 month offer and that there is nothing they could do. Asked to speak to a customer service manager but was put on hold for over 15 minutes which I eventually hung up.

If I have to do this again, I would not want to deal with DirecTV. Does not deliver on sales promise and a customer service that sucks. But boy am I stuck with DirecTV or risk paying for the hefty early termination fees!

A  16th of Mar, 2009 by
Its pretty much just a matter of time, directv will go down the same as AT&T. AT&T had the chance to be the king of the throne and ruined their own business by continuous phone roadblocks and screwing the customers, I can only say Directv is headed in the same path. I also have been scammed recently by Directv by this ridiculous rebate trap they have going on. I will switch back to Dishnetwork, they do service their customers much better.
A  3rd of Jan, 2011 by
We had a similar issue. Signed up for the XTRA package and was promised $29/month for the first year.
After a few billing cycles and the price stayed at $59/month.
I called and was told that I failed to submit a rebate and 90 days had elapsed so there was nothing they could do...
A  30th of May, 2011 by
Direct TV did the same thing to me, never got the rebate offer nor did my brother who referred me. I called several times and they made up lies etc so as not to have to follow through on the fake rebate offer. I tell everyone I know they will NEVER see the rebate. Calling Directv is a waste of time. They have NO intention of ever giving the rebate offer, it's just a lure to get you to order Directv.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV