Direct TV / directv does not honor rebate sales promise

Subscribed to Direct TV about a month ago. Was told over the phone that the Family plan would cost $29.99/month with $100 cash back and that I would get $10 credit per month for the next 10 month. Also subscribed for Three channels of Premium Mandarin channels for an additional $15.99/month.

Was told that my total charges excluding taxes would be $19.99 + $15.99 = $35.98 / month for the first 10 month and $29.99 + $15.99 = $45.98 thereafter.

Guess what - got my first bill recently and noted the charges to be $29.99 + $15.99 = $45.98 + tax with "No Rebates"! Call DirecTV customer service and after a prolonged wait I finally get to speak to a service representative. They checked my account and told me that there are no records for the $10 credit for the next 10 month offer and that there is nothing they could do. Asked to speak to a customer service manager but was put on hold for over 15 minutes which I eventually hung up.

If I have to do this again, I would not want to deal with DirecTV. Does not deliver on sales promise and a customer service that sucks. But boy am I stuck with DirecTV or risk paying for the hefty early termination fees!

Comments

16th of Mar, 2009

Its pretty much just a matter of time, directv will go down the same as AT&T. AT&T had the chance to be the king of the throne and ruined their own business by continuous phone roadblocks and screwing the customers, I can only say Directv is headed in the same path. I also have been scammed recently by Directv by this ridiculous rebate trap they have going on. I will switch back to Dishnetwork, they do service their customers much better.

• Xa
      3rd of Jan, 2011

We had a similar issue. Signed up for the XTRA package and was promised $29/month for the first year.
    After a few billing cycles and the price stayed at $59/month.
    I called and was told that I failed to submit a rebate and 90 days had elapsed so there was nothing they could do...

30th of May, 2011

Direct TV did the same thing to me, never got the rebate offer nor did my brother who referred me. I called several times and they made up lies etc so as not to have to follow through on the fake rebate offer. I tell everyone I know they will NEVER see the rebate. Calling Directv is a waste of time. They have NO intention of ever giving the rebate offer, it's just a lure to get you to order Directv.