Direct Buy / Will not stop calling

We are going to do some home remodelling and saw there was a Direct Buy in Fresno. We scheduled to attend one of their "REQUIRED" Seminars. After checking into what Direct Buy really was all about, we decided it wasn't for us. The day after scheduling to attend the "Seminar" the phone calls started. We have Caller ID and didn't answer the phone and they didn't leave a message on the answering machine. Within 30 minutes they called 10 times! This continued up until the day before the "Seminar" when someone did actually leave a message reminding us to attend.

The next afternoon was our "Special Reserved Appointment" for their "Required Seminar" and the phone started ringing at 8AM. Someone kept calling every 30 minutes until 6PM, 2 hours after the "Seminar" started. Not ONE message was left on our answering machine just hang ups. This continued for the next two weeks!

Finally having enough of the constant phone calls I happened to be home when someone called. I politely asked them to stop calling us and that we were no longer interested in their business as it didn't suit our needs. Of course the high pressure sales pitch started and I repeated that we were not interested and to not call us. The woman said she would take our name off the list but if we changed our mind they "Might be able to accept our membership".

Another two weeks of phone calls and hang ups my husband found a corporate number and informed them what had been occurring with their Fresno store.

The calls finally have stopped AFTER 3 MONTHS!

Va

Comments

• Ju
      12th of May, 2009

I called THEM and left a "just as nasty" message and told them to NEVER call me again! LOL

• Uh
      26th of May, 2009

As people are finding out, all they really are out to get is your money for the membership. What a joke, pay us $5000 on a membership to save money? I feel bad for the people who fall for this crap. I can't say it enough, CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!