Diamond's International / poor quality - miserable service

1 Mexico

While on vacation in playa del carmen in january 10, 2010, I purchased a diamond ring for $3100 us. On feb 28 I noticed that one of the small diamonds had fallen out. A day later before I could contact diamond's international, another small diamond fell out.

I contacted the company by phone on march 1st to complain and was told they would call me back within 24 hours. They did call back about 22 hours later. I advised the representative that I was unhappy with the quality of the item and I wanted to return the ring for a full refund. The company representative informed me that they would not refund my money. They would only authorize a return if I signed a document stating that I would accept a repair or credit. They refused to refund the purchase. The representative was very rude.

I am currently trying to get help from my credit card company regarding a refund. I took the ring to a local jeweler who told me that they hear complaints all the time from di customers. The jeweler examined the ring under a magnifying glass and said the prongs were too small and spaced too closely on the inside and that I could continue to expect stones to fall out. The local jeweler also showed me several similar rings that I could have purchased for equal or less money and had the confidence of a meaningful guarantee.

I was guilty of making an impulse buy and did not ask about the company guarantee.

Diamond's International