Diamond Resorts / Sunterra / Daytona Beach / scam or fraud?

I just recieved a registered letter in the mail yesturday. DRI is telling me I owe over $900 for fees and either to pay or sign over my timeshare to them. I purchase this timeshare around 4 years ago. Since then, I have never been able to use it because they have told me that I have to make my reservations 13 months in advance. My maintenence fees have gone up from $200 the first year to $400 the next, then now $900. If someone is doing something about this, please advise; otherwise, I will be forced just to do as they ask and just sign the thing over to them and walk away. I, too, used to be a happy owner even though I have not been able to use it when I wanted. I was even considering purchasing more points due to how few I have (hoping this would open more time up for usage). But, like I said before, if things do not change, I will be forced to do something I do not really want to do.

A  1st of Apr, 2009 by
Whatever you do don't purchase more points. That just increases your maintenace fees. You should be able to locate units online in the Diamond Resort web site. You don't have to do it 13 months in advance. I've owned for over 20 years now and have seen a drastic increase in maint. fees. I'm ready to give mine back too.

Diamond Resorts International Logo Diamond Resorts International