Design Envelope / Scam

1 Canada Review updated:

William Summers never delivered completed drawings for which we paid a deposit of $500 and for which he demanded the remaining $500. His work was sloppy and unprofessional. He became verbally abusive and threatening when we refused to complete payment without having received the drawings.

Ol

Comments

• Ti
      23rd of Apr, 2010

Thanks for sharing your story. The more that know the better.

http://williamedwardsummers.blogspot.com/ to read some other comments

14th of Jun, 2010

William Summers is currently holding progress on a job hostage. He took a deposit, called a meeting and demanded more funds and called it the half way point draw...nothing had been done. We refused and now he has leined my property. He appears to be running a fraudulent business and because the amounts are so small it is very difficult fight this type of fraud through the legal system...

• Ti
      11th of Jul, 2010

The guy is a piece of work that is for sure! Now he is going around slamming the clients publicly and also designers he has not paid, telling more lies and trying to distract from his actions. It's our own faults he took our money and gave us nothing of course.

I wonder what A.K. from San Franciso did to get deserve losing his $5000 deposit and getting a false business address?

I wonder what C.S. in Vancouver did to lose her $25, 000 and never got a dime of the $12, 000 settlement WES agreed to pay after being sued by her many many years ago?

The 28 court cases in BC and dozens in California speak for themselves. I hope his actions catch up with him before more people get taken for their hard earned money. At least if they see this information they can make a choice who to believe.

• Az
      12th of May, 2011

I myself have been scammed by this individual and would like to warn others of his game. He advertises on the net under craigslist and Usednanaimo as well as others with different business contact names designenvelope as well as designmaterials. Do not get taken by the scammer as I have. The work he did for me is totally inaccurate and useless. I lost 1500.00 befor I caught onto the scam. I will be persueing him in court as well.