Delta / unaccompanied minor fee
Delta charges an "Unaccompanied Minor Fee" of $100 when traveling and under the age of 18. Other airlines do not do this. They claim they incur additional liability and provide special services to the minors. They don't provide any special service at all. The worst of it is they charge you this fee when you arrive at the airport. They don't tell you upfront and transparently when you actually purchase the ticket. Another hidden fee scam.
Finally, if you don't put down the correct person who is picking them up at the end of the destination they will hold them in the airport. The mother of the two girls traveling came to pick them up and Delta would not release them to her. All they could respond with is, "its our policy." They offered no solutions.
BTW, the girls traveling were 17 and 14 and travel often. It wasn't as if they were 5 and vulnerable. I understand if you asked for the service or if they told you when you purchased the ticket, but to claim it is for additional liability reasons when other airlines don't have the fee is ridiculous.
More Delta Complaints & Reviews
- Delta Airlines - selling companion/buddy passes 
- Delta Airlines - con artisit selling delta companion pass 
- Delta Airlines - personal items stolen out of luggage 
- Delta - delta skymiles redemption 
- Delta Air Lines - changing name on skymiles account 
- Delta Air Lines - delta sky miles
- Delta Air Lines - a recent flight delay 
- Delta - taxi service
- Delta Air Lines - luggage
- Delta Air Lines - supervisor at the check in