Delta / Delta will not deliver my delayed luggage and is giving me only 5 days to pick-up before sending to

1 United States

After 36 hours in transit due to inclement weather - I arrived at JFK to find my luggage missing. Now I understand that weather happens and I simply endured that part of the situation. But when I entered the baggage claim office at 10pm on a Monday night, there were about 25 other individuals who also had not received their luggage and this was more than I could bear. The thought of standing in another line for 2 hours plus was discouraging to say the least. I asked the person at the counter for a number so that I could resolve the situation over the phone, allowing me to begin my 2 hour trip to arrive home at midnight.

I called both baggage information and customer service several times only to be told my only option was to pick-up my luggage which had finally arrived at JFK on Tuesday. I had 5 days and then they were sending it to Atlanta. I asked what other options were available because the feasiblity of me being able to get to JFK was impossible. I asked them to deliver it - which was flat out refused. I asked what the charges would be to have it delivered COD and was told I could not do that. When I asked to speak to a manager I was told that customers are not allowed to speak with managers.

I will absolutely never ever travel on Delta airlines again. While I completely understand that luggage delays do happen - I do not understand a business treating its customers this way.

Ge