Delta Airlinespoor customer service and stoic attitude

I flew to USA on 08 Augt '09 + Delta (JNB - Atlanta - Dallas) - a total of 19 hours! I was located a window seat despite requesting an isle seat (I am diabetic and need the bathroom regularly). A very large (obese) lady was in the middle seat & spilled over onto my seat and numbed my leg as well. I could not access the isle frequently. The flight was uncomfortable &I was told by my American family to claim compensation from Delta as they should have booked 2 seats for such a large person. Ms. Colaco offered me a $50 credit on future flight booking to be used within the next year. I advised her that mileage would be more practical because I couldn't travel to USA again.. She was most inflexible and astounded about me asking for compensation! My ticket cost $2000 and I could not use the expensive seat I paid for! When I complained on their website about their poor customer service, Ms. Colaco replied to me again - even more surprised at my complaint and told me that I could not expect 'any further compensation'. They were slack in checking this passenger in in the first place. I was discomforted and expected Delta to assist me with my future flights. NEVER DELTA again!