Delta Airlines / Damaged luggage and damaged content!

United States Review updated:
I have flown Delta Airlines for about 8yrs on business trips. I have gone through countless bags of luggage in their care. After filing complaint after complaint and being told baggage services by that Delta Airlines would not do anything to rectify the problem. Because my life has to go on, I just took it. Now that is not the case. After seeing the baggage crew in Atlanta, GA mistreat the luggage of the Delta customers next to our plane and then later that day finding my camcorder destroyed, I was livid. They have no regard or care about the property of their customers. I saw it with my own eyes. I could no longer sit by and allow this to continue.

Comments

De
  7th of Oct, 2008
The last two times I have flown Delta from Tampa, FL to Idaho Falls, ID they have damaged my luggage. Both times they have torn off or broken the bottoms where the stand or wheels are. They make it impossible to file a claim by disavowing responsibility for "protruding parts such as wheels or handles" yet their actions make the luggage basically useless.

They also state that the claim must be made within 24 hours at the airport. I live over an hour away from the airport which makes returning very difficult. This last time I was out at the curb catching the shuttle to my car when I realized the problem. It was late and I had been traveling for nearly 12 hours. Going back inside to file a claim would have been a tremendous inconvenience for me.

They make it impossible to get redress for THEIR poor service and egregious actions!

Delta Air Lines Logo Delta Air Lines