Delta Airlines / shame on delta

On Jan 4 2008 I flew from Santa Barbara, ca to Montgomery, al. Flight originated on US airways and in Pheniox was delta. Flight from Pheniox was delayed about half hour and was very overbooked (something airlines do because of no-shows), but I made the flight. So, when I arrived in Atlanta this when the big issues started. When I got off the plane the customer service person at the gate told me she would call my departure gate and tell the plane to wait. So, like a fool I ran 3 gates away only to find that the plane had already left! I was 2 minutes late and the attendant at that delta gate told me 'we don't hold planes' and proceeded to give me the worst attitude! There were 5 more people who were trying to get the same plane which I found out was also very over booked. To make a long story short Delta gave my seats away and new dam well my flight was coming in late and just decided to screw everyone over for that flight which was the last flight of the night. They would not give me my luggage, and wouldn't even give me kind or understanding words. I got rudeness, and more rudeness from flight attendants to customer service. Most of the folks were African american and maybe I just don't get the attitudes in the culture, but I think they were racist against me. One of the customer service reps actually started singing to herself as if to piss me off while I was telling her my situation! A pregnant woman in front of me was very upset and they threatened to call security on her if she didn't leave the desk! Delta sent me to a roach motel for the night with no luggage, no toothbrush and nothing but the clothes on my back! The next nightmare was the hundreds of people waiting for the hotel shuttles that were running till the wee hours of the morning all thanks to Delta! Got into the roach motel at about 1am and caught the earliest flight at 11:45 as all the early ones were all booked. As if all this wasn't bad enough I was asking about my bags and the dam rude customer service woman told me they would be on the same flight with me... They were not and as of 10pm I still don't have my bags and still have the same clothes on!! Delta says sorry a lot, but they don't mean it. I am tired of seeing their bright smiley faces on their adds and when i see them in real live it is the exact opposite!!! SHAME ON DELTA!!!

Ju

Comments

In
  18th of May, 2010

crappy airline. Wonder why they are in business.

Americans can't go long way with such garbage.

Ch
  19th of May, 2010

Is this an airline? Or a joint of all the retired, over aged play ground.
it doesn't even list in any nomination of skytrax airline ratings.

Why fly airline which is bankrupt or almost on the verge of bankruptcy.