Delta Airlines / refuses refund for natural disaster consequence

Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
We purchased a ticket for our son, who attends LSU University for medicine, to go to New York to participate with volunteer work for the elderly In NY during his fall break. Hurricane Gustav arrived and upended life in louisiana; and LSU University subsequently had to cancell the fall break to recoup the lost class time. We contacted Delta Airlines to cancell the ticket and requested at least a partial refund. Delta Airlines has refused to refund any portion of the 391 dollar ticket. They will offer a partial credit for a ticket to be used within the next 12 months, but there will be a penalty assessed to use that credit. We will have to pay even more to travel on this disreputable airline. Travelers beware. My business and associate have vowed to not use Delta Airlines in the future, and I can assure you my family will never set foot on a Delta Airline. I will use every possible opportunity to convey our experience with the unethical nature of Delta Airlines.
Va

Comments

Cm
  13th of Nov, 2008
I had a ticket to fly to Arizona to see my mother. Sadly she passed away that early am. so I called to cancel my ticket a good eight hours before the flight..she died the same day as the flight...They refused me a refund or a credit. In other words too bad your mother died...they were rude and I have emails to prove it.. I am mad as heck... I just cannot believe this airline, they stink in the compassion department and we used to fly them all the time...no wonder airlines are going under... they are unreasonable dont use them heaven forbid you have a death in the family or a natural disaster...no refund for you!!!

Delta Air Lines Logo Delta Air Lines