Delta Air Lines / Highest fare guarantee

Delta.com has a best fare guarantee where they claim they guarantee that they provide the best fare. If the customer finds a better fare for the exact same itinerary, the exact same fare class at a different website and submits a claim form before the midnight of the day that the ticket is purchased, they claim to refund the difference plus issue a $100 credit towards future flights. On May 4th at 10:38 pm I purchased a ticket for $569.50. After reading the best fare guarantee I performed a fare search and found out that cheaptickets.com had the exact same itinerary for $433.47. I submitted the claim form on Delta's website within 20-30 minutes of purchasing my ticket. Delta has responded via e-mail to this claim form a day later saying that my claim was not submitted until 8:49 am in the morning on May 5th, therefore does not qualify. There is no way for me to prove that I submitted the claim form on-time. I asked them to query my ip address or check their systems one more time but I was denied. They don't even provide a phone number to reach them and discuss the issue. Delta's best fare guarantee is nothing but a scam.

Va

Comments

• De
      12th of Feb, 2010

Totally agreed. Not only you need to show you bought the ticket the same day but they actually required you to have show them the stupid "Class Code" which is impossible to find it at any other website other than Delta.com. I am very disappointed and waste of my time to deal with this Delta SCAM! If you won't honor it, keep it in your pant! Damn it!