Dell Inspiron 1525 / consumer fraud

Dell Inspiron 1525 was purchased with extended warranty, my Inspiron system shows warranty expires 2/6/2011, Dell says expires 3/10/2009 and wants payment for tech repair, system was registered online when I contacted Dell as facing operational problems right off the bat. Wanted to send computer back, was told over 30 days so could not and Dell rep tried to repair. After constant crashes and calling in or using online chat to repair and service I was told they could not and I needed new hard drive as hard drive was bad. Dell sent me new hard drive and new memory for me, who knows nothing about computer technology, to put in myself. I have still had problems since on and off with computer constantly freezing and crashing, and Dell service has been a horror. I was told by Dell that was normal as Vista is a problem and I need to increase memory which I did upgrade to at my cost of course and then Dell told me I should change to XP at my cost and I would have to install and uninstall myself. This I did not do, leaving Vista on the system. The main issue is, I have called in for service and told warranty is expired which I DISPUTE and Dell says they cannot help unless I pay $49.00 hour. I have tried to fix problems with built in repair system over an over. As now experencing another hard drive error saying hard drive not recognized and other errors and problems, I went to Dell online to see if I had to upgrade any programs. There were 16 updates I am not sure if Dell computer automatically detected and downloaded or not so downloaded them. I recognized system warranty expiry is showing not expired and called in. I was on hold for over two hours and transfered back and forth after requesting to speak to supervisor or manager which I was never allowed to do and was transfered by a total of 8 people, (Mohammad, Hussain, Nickie, whose names I noted as rude) from customer care to reception to tech and left on hold until the last tech rep who was supposed to transfer me to to a manager hung up on me. I argued with all that they can remotely check my computer for the system info that shows I have extended warranty that expires 2/6/2011 and not 3/10/2009 which I believe was an error made by rep in Dell registration. They refused. They will not take my word for it and would not use remote diagnosis which they can easily do to check this. They want money. I believe this scam is verging on computer fraud. I do not have my receipts or warranty number readily available as with my 2008 receipts are still at tax office. This means I cannot do anything to repair this system or check why they have a different date until I get them back. I will never ever purchase a Dell product again and do to the worse service which is more like no service, just a waste of my time and money I will not ever refer anyone to them. The only reason I have this Dell is because it was used for work and I thought they were best. WRONG!
I want it noted that Dell is committing computer fraud. There should be a class action lawsuit against them and how they deal with consumers. That their call center service is absolutely the worst so others are warned.
Just found out I missed a class action lawsuit thru Attorney General office against Dell that was won in court that purchasing this lemon of a computer I qualified for, I am sure there are enough new complaints to file another, I will look into this!!! Filed complaint with BBB and Attorney Generals office and any blog and ripoff site I can file with!!!

N  14th of Jun, 2008 by

Dell / Hard Drive - Received incmpatable part and they refuse to take as return
Dell Computers

I purchased a Hard drive online from Dell, the hard drive appeared on the page that searched for compatable HDD for my particular service tag number. I received the HDD and when I tred to install it my computer would not recognize the HDD. On 6-1-08 I contacted an online tech who instructed me to reinstall and then run a test which was quite long. He said he would call back the next morning at 5 am but he did not. On 6-11-08 I submitted a return tequest from Dell and I received an automatic confirmation. They say they have no record of that. On 6-12-08 I reached 21 days. Now they will not do an exchange because I'm past the 21 days and will not acknowledge the return request I sent in before the 21 days.
N  13th of Dec, 2008 by
my laptop is closing down in the middle of my work and I can't complete my assignments.
A  30th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I totally agree. I think it is time we all stand up together. I have lived a nightmare for months with Dell and it only gets worse! Right now I have two computers from them and neither works. I have written the Business Bureau and am thinking of trying to get a TV station to help people like us out! I tried to email Micheal Dell and it went right back to the idiots I've been dealing with. When I told them I've had enough, they said then we can not help you anymore. What does that mean? I'm stuck with two hunks of junk, my nerves are shot, my blood pressure is always up, and sometimes I wake up and think of Dell and can't sleep. HELP!!!
A  12th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
If you know of a suit action, please let me know- I want to join too! Email me at busigal@hotmail.com RE: DELL LAPTOP. Especially now after the NON-customer service from hell I experienced over the last 2 days! Here's my story: Have (had) an Inspiron 1525. Kept overheating and fried the hard drive. Spent 3 hours on the phone on Friday being bumped from person to person. Started again today & got a manager after only 37 min's of trying. Told him I know the warranty is expired but asked him to stand behind their product. "No ma'm, there's no know problems with... the Inspiron 1525". I told him to go to: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/dell-inspiron-1525-c249297.html and THEN have the balls to tell me there's no known problems. He refused and said I'd just have to purchase a new hard drive from them. So I asked, "you aren't going to stand behind a product you HAVE to know is faulty?" He said flat out "NO". I told him to take a leap off a tall building and hung up. NEVER EVER EVER will I buy a Dell again! So much for a good deal with Telus internet! (I had an HP & the hard drive fried. I called and on the FIRST person I talked to I said: I know it's out of warranty but... She interupted me and said it didn't matter because that was a model glitch and they would repair it no problem. They had a courier pick it up, fixed it and sent it back without me paying one cent! My sister had the same thing with the exact same laptop. Now THAT"S customer service!)
A  12th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
There was a class action suit brought against Dell, info remains on State of Pennsylvania governors consumer complaint website. My compaint on warranty qualified but unfortunately, the class action lawsuit for fraud was filed without my awareness and was already closed when I found out about it, as DELL had already gone to court and lost the lawsuit and had to pay millions! They still would not honor my warranty past 2009 that I did have and computer still reads it is under warranty! I will never purchase a Dell again and also havegone back to HP. Sorry about your luck! I am out $1200.00 for two Dell garbage computers!
A  8th of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I bought my 1525 having had a great experience with Dell in the past on my desktop. Well, this has been anything but. Almost immediately, it began to not re-charge when plugged in. I figured it was the battery and bought another. Didn't fix it. I didn't know what to do, but prior to my warranty expiring, I called Dell Customer Service and was told to send it in. They sent me a box and I packaged it and sent it in. It was back about three weeks later and still did not work. I called back and was told they could not find anything wrong with it!! Since then I have found there are many, many, many people posting online the same problem. Dell obviously knows about it and did nothing to remedy the problem when my warranty was in effect. Now that it is expired, they want me to send it in again, at my cost, and replace my motherboard, at my cost. WTH? It had the problem before the warranty expired, I sent it in, they did nothing for me, now warranty is expired and they want to make a couple hundred bucks off me again? I would love a class action lawsuit to happen. If anyone has any info on one, please let me know: wfghsvp@yahoo.com .

N  14th of Jun, 2010 by
I would like to join the lawsuit, please someone file or if your interested email me with your name and email address, complaint and other information...and I will MOVE FORWARD with the lawsuit. Computer Fraud is illegal, lets stand together as one post said...THATs the ONLY way something is going to HAPPEN and DELL be MADE ACCOUNTABLE!
N  4th of Jul, 2010 by
Dear Wal-Mart,

So a while ago me and my dad bought me a new computer. We decided to get a Dell Inspirion. The box said that it had a built in Internet chip. It was wrong. We decided to take it back and attempt to get another of the same model. No Internet chip. A week later, we took it back for a refund. We went to Best-Buy and bought the same computer. Well what do you know, it has an internet chip. I know it is just Wal-Mart and I want to know why they order Dell Inspirion's without Internet Chips. Its probably a marketing ploy for us to buy them ourselves.

N  5th of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Haha, I bet all of those links are phishing sites. Just read the first paragraph of the post and you'll see.
A  15th of Jul, 2010 by
I would like to be involved in a class action suit as well. I am having the same problems with my battery not charging on my inspiron 1525. I even went so far as to replace the power board. Didn't help, only option left is the motherboard. My computer is just 2 years old and I have been having these problems for a year now! Please email me at webb1502@yahoo.com for whatever additional information you need.
A  20th of Jul, 2010 by
I am also having these same issues with My Dell Inspirion 1525 and Dell wants me to pay for them to look at their defective product. I would like to be involved in the class action lawsuit, please email me at pdblackwell143@yahoo.com
A  22nd of Sep, 2010 by
I've also had issues with my Dell 1525 Insiron. I am so fed up with this computer. Please email me as well if a class action suit is filed. helmick.terri@yahoo.com My issues: Have had 2 hard drives replaced in the last 16 months. On my third...it is still at the repair shop. Mine is such a lemon.
N  26th of Sep, 2010 by
Hello!! I notice you are having Dell Inc problems with Inspiron. I too purchased an Inspiron 1525 that's had several issues since purchasing it in 2008. Including overheating, random shut downs, lines across the screen etc. The Inspiron brand is faulty.

I would like to submit a complaint to a District Court since Dell Inc. have not made efforts to rectify the faulty nature of their Inspiron line. They are liars and rip offs. My complaint will pave the way for others who have suffered at the hands of Dell Inc to automatically file a claim.

I have prepared a form for all those who have had issues with their Inspiron product and issues with Dell Inc customer service to fill out and mail. The cost for mailing will be provided. It's time we stand up to these crooks.

Please email me so I can forward to form to you. sparklyuniverse@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!
A  20th of Jan, 2011 by
I too have a Dell Inspiron 1525. Initially I thought my kids just didn't operate it properly and I would teach them over and over "what to do". Almost immeidieately from purchase this laptop would freeze, and I would have to pull the battery to reboot. This happened over and over again until we lucked out and it stayed up and running. It got to the point where we wouldn't shut it down, even though it was barely used, so we wouldn't have to deal with the frustration when we needed to use it. Let me also say that it was only purchased for my 2 sons to use for any type of necessary school work. Ii did not want them to use my laptop (a Sony laptop that is wonderful!!) "just in case". Nothing was stored on their dell, no games played, etc. So once in a blue moon they would need it for school purpose. Just the other day my son went to use for school and a message appeared "no disk recognized...so i rebooted and rebooted, f12, f8, nothing worked. Took it to a tech...he said the hard drive crashed. What BS!!! I would never ever buy a Dell again. And customer service is an absolute joke. Can't even speak with someone that speaks clear and concise English. None of them actually listen to the problem, they are programed to just agree and move on-with no help-and they are trained to never ever transfer the call to a supervisor-if you ask for one the csr will claim to be one!! hahaha. Dell is a joke! Never ever will I buy their product again. Would love to get in on the suit. reb8224@calu.edu
N  21st of Jan, 2011 by
I have contacted lawyers regarding a class action suit against Dell. If you are a member of Facebook, you can joing my group by searching "interested in class action against Dell." What we are currently working on is finding any information where Dell represented the Inspiron 1525 as a "reliable" or "dependable" computer. If you have any advertising or information from when you purchased your laptop, it would help a great deal. You can post it to the group on Facebook, or reply to me on here and I can give you my email address. Thanks so much!
A  28th of May, 2011 by
The error message "Time of Day clock stopped" has no remedy. Dell is aware of this problem - has been, it seems, since before I bought mine. They should be forced to recall defective product at no charge to the customer.
A  2nd of Aug, 2011 by
I am having so many problems also with the dell inspiron 1525. It shuts off randomly, battery doesn't charge, erratic mouse, startup problems, freezes up and runs slow. I would also like to be part of a class action suit against Dell. This computer has been nothing but a headache since purchased!

Dell Logo Dell