Dell Financial Services / late fees charges while auto debting my checking accout - 39.50 a month

1 Ausstin, TX, United States Review updated:

I set up auto debit using the default options on DFS website. Big mistake! They use a third party to "collect" the money which insures the payment to arrive two or three days later. So if you set up your payment on the Due date that is the default, hang on for a ride with Jesse James! At least Jesse was honest about, he wore a mask and you knew what was coming. DFS while auto debiting my checking account every month for a $100.00 payment was at the same time charging me a late fee of 39.50 each and every month. Once I saw what was going on, I finally got DFS to reveal the principal owed on the loan (28% interest- the godfather would charge less!) and I paid that off, so technically they never got the money they took upon themselves to add to my account. These people have no morals. Dell makes more profit from selling cheap pc's then robbing them on the loans. DFS lost a $17 million class action lawsuit and they still keep on patting you on the back while sticknig a bowie knife in your gut. I hate Dell, I hate Dell Financial Services! I went and bought an HP desktop and a Gateway laptop. Dell can go jump in a lake!

Comments

He
  24th of Jul, 2009

dell is blood sucking from hell. i brougth a laptop from dell $1020.00
3 yrs. ago. now i own dell $1460.00 how can that be?
i 've been charged for late fee on almost every payment.
my due date is on 26 each mont and i sent payment on 23.
i do not known how can it be late . can anyone explain that to me?
no more dell

Ga
  26th of Mar, 2010

i just got charged 300.81 that was taken from my account..no acknowledgment on the payment and i still have to pay rent.. how can i stop this from happening...my payments are at the 1st of the month not the 26th of the month...this has happened many times to me in the last 6 months since i got my computer...what the hell.

Mi
  2nd of May, 2016

I just found out that I have been charged late payments for 2 years of 35.00 dollars because I never looked at the bill with electronic payments! They never sent a letter that i was late. But it gets better. I signed up for automatic payments to pay on my due date. They took the payment and still changed me a late payment. How is this legal?