Dell Computer Corporation / how to get dell's attention

United States Review updated:
I found this at engadget. Disgruntled Dell customer finds crafty path to lawsuit settlement. Pat Dori, a disgruntled Dell customer who found no resolution to the issue of a broken laptop after five long months and 19 wasted phone calls, decided to go legal and sue the company for failing to adequately address the problem.

The method by which Mr. Dori initiated the claim is the juicy core of this story: instead of going through the normal process of sending the court papers to Dell's headquarters in Texas, Dori thought to have the papers delivered to a Dell shopping mall kiosk instead. Quite unsurprisingly, no-one from Dell turned up in court on the stipulated date, resulting in Dori winning a $3,000 default judgment and a ruling to allow bailiffs to close the kiosk and seize items if the judgment was not paid. Dell has now settled the case out of court for undisclosed terms, although the company would have appealed the decision -- had it actually turned up to court, that is. Mr. Dori, our latest hero for sticking it to the man in such a crafty manner, says that he thinks "any regular person can do this," as long as you "have the law on your side." Apparently the key is to "get their money" first, which will inevitably be followed by "[getting] their attention." It's gotta beat screaming down the phone, that's for sure.

A  10th of Feb, 2007 by
My daughter has sent her laptop in for repair on Jan 5 2007, to this day 2/9/07 we have not received it back. I have made 6 phone calls and each time no success. I am fed up and to the point of stopping payment on my account for this particular laptop. I cannot believe the employees I have talked with already are clueless as to how the whole system works. Each time the story get more and more ridiculous and dell's repair depot is a black hole. I am ready to take the next step on this issue.
A  14th of Oct, 2008 by
I have spent numerous hours on the telephone talking with Dell employees who have no clue and hardly speak any English, let alone have a full grasp of the language. When I became frustrated I simply could not tolerate it any longer and told them what a pain in the a** they were and I hung up.

About ten seconds later I receive a telephone call from the Dell customer service center and the person on the end of the line called me a white trash b****.

Needless to say, I am taking this straight to Michael Dell with a letter of complaint which probably won't get my anywhere, but at least I get to voice my thoughts.
A  19th of Nov, 2008 by
I totally agree. If they sell in the USA they should have support techs IN THE USA that speak English instead of being shipped off to India where we can't understand a dam word they are saying to us!

Does anyone know what the phone or email or even snail mail address for the DELL CEO is?????

N  21st of Sep, 2013 by
I sent a laptop that had a motherboard issue that was covered by warranty into the Repair Depot on Sep 1 and was called on Sep 6 and told that the laptop was physically damaged (in shipment) and that I would be charged $407 for Out-of-Warranty work. I refused to pay for damage caused in shipping and asked Dell to file a claim. They refused, however Shurpi Hauja did offer to repair the laptop for $258.00 if I was willing to pay for repairs. I again refused to pay for damage caused by the shipper and asked her to file a claim, she refused to file a claim. I called Fed-Ex and explained the situation and was told that Dell must file the claim since it was damaged en route to them. I called J.B in Customer Service and was told that the issue was given to the Dell Escalation Team and I should be contacted by the agent assigned to the case within the next 24 hours. I have never been contacted by the Dell Escalation Team; do they really exist? On Sep 10, 2013 13:22EST I received an automated phone call from Dell indicating that the laptop was repaired and was being returned via Fed-Ex and thanking me for using Dell. At approximately 12:00 on Sep 11, 2013 Fed-Ex delivered the laptop to my house. After inspection I call tell you that it is not in the same condition as when I sent it to Dell. It appears to have been crushed. At 12:44 EST I contacted Guacm Sarcar and asked who I need to speak to regarding legal issues and claims agaist Dell. He said he was just repair and they don't have any phone numbers or names for that (sic)purpose. I then called 800-634-9896 and spoke to Rishi who transferred me to Damien Rehel to gave me two Corporate phone numbers, neither of which will allow you to speak to anyone unless you are an employee and enter your Social Security number. I then called sales and explained what I was ding and was told to contact the Arbitration Company to file my complaint. I then called the 800-352-5267 number of the JAMS/ADR Arbitration company and spoke to Linda Griffiths and explained the situation. She indicated that she would send me the required forms to file and that I could either enter into arbitration with them or file a Small Claims suit in the local court. If I do not get a response from somebody at Dell who can help me file the necessary claim with the shipper to repair my laptop within the next 24 hours I will be doing both. Please ask the Dell Escalation Team contact me regarding Exp Svc Code: 68712324-13.”

Dell Logo Dell