Dell Computer Corporationawful computers and even worse customer service

My husband and I have bought a total of 3 computers from Dell, the first of which was completely defective. After several attempts of Dell trying to fix it with no success we then requested that dell replace the computer and they refused. I had to fight for months spending hours upon hours on hold or arguing with supervisors before they finally did exchange it.

When we received the supposedly "new" computer it said refurbished and again this computer to this day does not work right. Dell now refuses to give me any tech support on this because the warranty on the original defective unit has expired even thought this one is supposed to be new.

The other 2 that we have, one other desk top and a laptop, neither work right because of windows vista issues and after several attempts to contact dell for tech support(waiting on hold for more then 40+min each call) and waiting for over 1 month for them to call us back I have yet to have any call backs or any of the issues resolved on my computers.

I highly recommend people not to buy Dell and to go one step further I would not ever buy computer with any windows program again after the havoc Vista has caused on all of my computers (I will be making a separate complaint for this).

Looks like Macs for me from now on, I wish I would have gone with them to begin with.

Comments

•   Oct 17, 2008
    Dell Computer Corporation - awful service
    Dell Computer Corporation
    dell.com

Computer shoppers interested in customer service and support and expecting it to be good should be wary of Dell systems. This is an example of a company whose outsourcing for services in the global marketplace has in my opinion ruined its serviceability to it's customer in North America. Their response to my technical issues and a problem with sales were not completed in what I would expect to be a timely manner. Expect greater than one hour waiting times on the phone, shuffling of your call through numerous people and sheer frustration on your end! Case in point, Dell laptop crashes, needs several technical advisers to assist in reinstalling all software from start; advisor recommends expensive $249 anti virus software which is sold over the phone and sent via mail for installation. After realizing during install that it was sent for the incorrect windows operating system, Dell customer support refuses to take software back and send correct version (never mind the advisor had to know what system was being used during the reinstall during technical support). Despite calls back and forth at this point because we've been working this issue for almost a month now I'm starting to get quoted a 21 day rule for returns (ironic how we tried to resolve it way before then). This was the 5th computer from Dell and it will be the last. Such a shame to see what was once a once good company for me to deal with appear to be run into the ground. My faith is completely lost in the ability of this company to resolve my issue. I don't expect any response from one of their customer service reps other than something to the effect of "We're sorry and understand your problem, unfortunately there seems to be nothing we can do to help resolve your issue at this time". Save the lip service, I'll do my talking on my next purchase which won't be a Dell Dude! RE order number [protected].

• Bi
      Jun 06, 2009

I have experienced the same technical service from hell the last week. It is diffcult enough to try and explain something over the to a normal American person who speaks English, but to have no other alternative than someone who speask broken english from India who has no clue what you are talking about. But the frustrating thing is there is no recourse. Promises of call backs that never occur. Shipment of a hard drive to an address in California when i live in Texas and shipment of the wrong CD's to my home address to fix my problem. I guess I will have to drive to Round Rock, Texas and see someone directly to get this taken care of because all 800 numbers lead to some third world outsourcing contractor who can only read a script and does not understand what you are saying. Horrible horrible company to deal with...what a shame it has gone down the tubes.

• Aw
      Jun 06, 2009

Dell will be gone within the next 2 years. The victim of bad advice from overseas companies who promised huge savings in employee costs. However they forgot to mention that there was also a hidden cost, in that your customers will start shopping elsewhere, bit by bit.

• Ga
      Sep 03, 2009

Dell lost lab top computer. It was Mailed July 29, 2017. It was sent to One Dell Way Round Rock Texas. Seven hours on phone with Six different people. Poor product and awful service.
    It will cost more to hire an attorney than the computer is worth. Computer six weeks old, sent for repairs. Sean from Dell picked up package at One Dell Way Round Rock Texas 78682. When I get the phone bill. I wil still go to the attorney.
    Gail F.