Dell Computer / poor service

United States Review updated:
I rec'd a Dell laptop as a gift, it would not stay connnected to the net. I tried to fix it myself to no avail. I called DELL, was transferred 2 times adn then told their systems were down somoen would call me back in 1-2 hrs... no one ever called me back.
I called the enxt day, after going through all of the automated ptrmpts that are frustrating in itself, I was then transfreed 5 times and each time expected to repeat my story. No one tried to fix the issue on this brand new 4 days old laptop, I was told it was a software issue and software it not covered by the tech support I had to pay a fee. I said no, there is horrible servie i do not want the laptop give me a retrun authorization. Then I was told someone would call me back in 1 1/2-2hrs...I did get a call back from Customer Service tech support and he told me there is a 21 days suuport for a new computers..so is DELL running a scam trying to see who they can get to pay for extra tech support? The customer service is HORRIBLE...

D  9th of Feb, 2009 by
No it isnt a scam. Please review the service contract. Dell is only responsible for software that came on the system. If the software is corrupt then sometimes a OSRI is required. Please do your self a favor READ THE CONTRACT then ###.
A  17th of Feb, 2009 by
I just got off the phone and in which the call took forever, any way for the very same reason,
my pc will not stay connected to the internet and the internet company told me that I would have to call Dell and all they want me to do is purchase more and more, every time that I call. I feel that Dell sells junk and when you call for support they sell you more junk that does not work just to sell you more junk.
I feel like Dell computers are a rip off and the public needs to be aware of their scams.
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Typical Dell attitude. I purchased a Dell computer from QVC to get the 3 yr. warranty. I called when I had a problem and they said it was a software issue and not a hardware issue and would have to pay. Well my son has a friend who heads up the network department at a large cable co. He took my computer and did complete test and found it was the hard drive that was bad. At his company, they deal with Dell all day and when Dell refused to send me another hard to replace the one he put in, I had to get him involved and of course because they use Dell at his large co., they ended up sending me another hard drive. God only knows what would have happened if I told them originally to fix the software problem that never existed. I probably would have had to pay a big bill for a problem that never existed.
N  18th of Jan, 2016 by
Dell has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Everyone is stupid. Keep taking you in loops. Can't answer any questions. Keep asking the same questions because they can't comprehend their own equipment and processes. This is the last Dell I'll buy.

Dell Logo Dell